Immortality Pill

JohannesGunn

Wanna live forever?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a pill that granted true immortality, would you take it?

• Oh, yeah!
    • Not a chance...
    • Only if it tasted like candy...
  2. 2. What if it was a shot?

• So? Bring it on!
    • Uh... I don't like needles...
    • Not a chance...
    • Only if it's gonna mess with my mind, man...

Being remembered is not being imortal. You are dead, so it doesn't matter to you much.

I would take it tho, after thousand years, one would prolly be annoyed or crazy, but still.

PS: This is some serious gravedigging right here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you want to live forever? I'm talking TRUE immortality, the kind where a nuke is just a small inconvenience, you spit in the face of Father Time, and Death seems to have lost your number...

That pill ages you longer coupled with a healthy lifestyle. No one can reach immortality unless you use nano robots to scan your brain and store it. Besides, after 50 replication cycles mammalian cells start degrading and can't hold stucture. Therefore, if you want to live forever, you'll end up as a husk.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be immortal, I'm saying that it isn't workable.

Would you want to live forever? I'm talking TRUE immortality, the kind where a nuke is just a small inconvenience, you spit in the face of Father Time, and Death seems to have lost your number...

That pill ages you longer coupled with a healthy lifestyle. No one can reach immortality unless you use nano robots to scan your brain and store it. Besides, after 50 replication cycles mammalian cells start degrading and can't hold stucture. Therefore, if you want to live forever, you'll end up as a husk.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be immortal, I'm saying that it isn't workable.

Don't think that's the point though. Hes just saying theoretically if it could somehow be done. A philosophical discussion.

As long as we're talking about eternal life with eternal youth, then Hells Yes. Especially if some other people took the pill too. You see, I have no religion, so the prospect of there being some sort of afterlife for me to live forever in does not exist. So living forever in this life could be quite the preferable alternative.

In all honesty, if the monotony of normal life would make you want to kill yourself, just imagine a completely uneventful eternity in a paradise where nothing is ever wrong. Now THAT would about make me want to jump off a cloud. Especially if it's a pastel-colored paradise where everything is decorated like a pale Easter Egg. lol

But I'd take my chances here in the world of the living forever. Eventually, the world will be engulfed by our sun. Hopefully before that we will have established some sort of interstellar space travel where so can planet-hop for all of eternity. Otherwise I'll probably be stuck in the sun until it burns out, After that happens though, maybe I could swim to an asteroid after a few hundred billion years, and hop a ride to something else... The ability to think is what is great about life, and in these kinds of scenarios, the ability to think is the only thing that you are guaranteed to have for the rest of your life. I'd take that over ceasing to exist any day.

yes i would vanity governs my life the thought of going grey and getting wrinkles? no chance i will take all the surgery i can get and a chance to live forever hell yes :biggrin:

I'm not sure who made that statement, but I'm pretty sure it's nobody on this discussion that I have read. The reason someone would not want to grow old is not necessarily vanity. I've seen my great grand parents, grandparents, and parents age, lose their sight, their joints, both of their legs, and more. Aging is not fun, some things can be almost as bad as death.

Uh, in billion years the sun has grown so big, that life will die on earth. What would immortal person do alone? And after 4-5 billion years there is no earth any more. Where would immortal person be? Flow in space? Ah, that would be eternal torture.