mega monster modification mod?

yanazake

Hey there, I was thinking... Is there a mod that modifies the monsters drastically?

To be more detailed, I really, REALLY get pissed off with the zombies, the ghosts, lichs, screamers, demons... I'd certainly prefer either more common or more fantasy monsters, like in Shivering Islands or the Curse of Hircine mod, or even the common elementals, animals, mithological creatures [minotaur]...

One thing that I could see and learn after playing oblivion [and specially Monster Hunter] is that the reuse of animation and skeletons [the rig... that's the name, right?] can still give a game a lot of variety.

So, I'd like to ask if there is a mod that exchanges the current monsters for other ones. I found it kinda strange to see minotaurs but not one harpy, or naga, or centaur...

As for the monsters from the Gates of oblivion itself, I don't have much of a problem with them, since the demons [forgot the name] can easily be "beautified" thru mods. And I really want to avoid the place on my second run of the game, but I've seen so much that I'd like to see some really new monsters. [ok, maybe I didn't level up enought while playing, but even so, the monsters started to get repetitive!]

------------------------------------------------

Ok, Martigen's Monster Mod does half of the work for sure, but I REALLY want to get rid of the ghosts and zombies, or change them into something not as ugly or not as rotten as them.

And I'd really like to see harpies... Awesome monsters that you can actually enjoy fighting instead of wanting to kill 'em quickly so you don't need to look at them for too long.

Edited by yanazake

Well, since people said I should put in some pictures of what I wanted in the mod, I'm trying to put some examples.

Harpy:

The mithological creature with a human body mixed with bird wings, legs and tail. I was looking for artwork on the one from Valkyrie profile, but these ones are close enought.

Harpy by Moros, on Deviantart

Harpy by Nico, on elfwood

Centaur:

Again a mix of animal and human. This time, human from the waist up, and animal for the rest. The human torso is in the place of where the animal's head and neck should be. There are a lobster-like monster and a spider-taur already in oblivion, but more diversification is good too!

A feline version, a variation from the commonly known equine version.

a traditional one

Gryphon:

Such a magnificent creature and not one sign of it in Tamriel. This one is special - it could have its own mod, much like the akatosh mount; You go on a quest, fight the creature to tame it, and receive the honor of mounting it. Also, just like Akatosh, you could ride it on land or in the sky

Example pic

(Also, a fun site where I found the image. There's also a bonus picture for the Centaur)

Something higtly noticeable: the gryphons used in the second Narnia movie had a bird-like structure at the tip of their lionish tail. Here's the pic. Since they can fly, one would assume they'd need this.

Naga:

Much like the centaur, the same explanation applies here, but this time, the animal part is a serpent body from the waist down. Due to system limitations in oblivion, I can't think of a way to make a constriction attack for them, which would be something quite interesting to see indeed!

A simple sketch, by Vhea

Zombies:

I'm impressed to see that the culture keeps seeking rotting ugly zombies. it was hard to find any images of what I wanted!

But let's see the explanation...

Does a zombie NEEDS to be green and rotten and falling appart with it's interior exposed? Why not make a grayish tone, some big dark markings around the eyes, dead whiteish eyes, and few body marks - things like being skinny, or some small wounds. also, WHAT ABOUT CLOTHING? New zombies don't need to be naked or falling apart, right? And of course, little hair, or at least some hair... After all, hair still grows for some time after you're dead...

Not a good example, but close.

This one looks more like what I had in mind.

Ghosts:

Why the heck ghosts need a face? I can understand pacific spirits, but vengeful ghosts are better like a insinuated human shape covered in a ripped cloth of sorts - VERY ethereal, you know? This one could be simple anyway.

A fine example

Jiang Shi:

Since we're talking about undead monsters and there is the oriental bit of culture in Tamriel, why not an oriental ghost/zombie? Lei-Lei/Hsien-Ko is the most known character of this kind for sure. Even tho the clothes are essentialy the same for these ghosts, I could make some concept sketches myself to help in the creation of one with different details, still based on the same vests.

example 1

example 2

This is it for now. If I come up with more different monsters, I'll add them here.

If anyone is interested in this, please post yout thoughts!

Edited by yanazake