ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

New Vegas Mod Detectives

myrmaad

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading about a mod which deletes common items as you enter a cell making them more scarce and its based on PC's luck. Can't recall it's name or find it.

I'm reasonably sure that that's a feature of Project Nevada. If you look in the "Rebalance" section. Here's a link:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40040/?

Edited by Jojash

Hey guys! I'm looking for this black outfit:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/322/0/4/fallout__new_girl_in_vegas_by_alanosborn-d334t8m.jpg

The author of this screenshot seemed to imply that she found it here on the Nexus, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Anyone seen it before?

I remember reading about a mod which deletes common items as you enter a cell making them more scarce and its based on PC's luck. Can't recall it's name or find it.

I'm reasonably sure that that's a feature of Project Nevada. If you look in the "Rebalance" section. Here's a link:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40040/?

No. At least its not looking like the one I've read. It stated exactly that loot is going to be deleted on entrance and no exact values and also mentioning that it can happen right when you look at it and there's no other way around it.

High I was looking at a mod a few days ago and I wanted to get it. I was on a tablet at the time so I didn't download it then. Now I cannot find it or remember the name.

It was a rebalance mod, it made the game more realistic. It talked about making the health for the pc similar to NPC's, making the weapons stronger, and rebalancing the inventory/carryweight. It made power armor close to impervious to small arms fire (9mm, ect....). I remember that the way the guns perk affected you was not with less or more damage but wit accuracy being effected. That's all I remember for sure.

I think that it might have said something about making PA underwater compatible, but only if you had a matching set (as the intake tubes wouldn't fit right otherwise). That may have been a different mod though. Consider me interested in both mods if they are separate.

afftor, is it the Project Nevada Extra Options? It seems to be the only mod that fits the bill, under the Unfound Loot section:

"Anybody who played FWE hardcore will remember the Unfound Loot option. Unfound loot uses a dynamic system to remove the world items in your game, making food and other supplies even more rare. This sytem is NOT for the feint of heart, items that are removed are gone for GOOD. You will NEVER get them back, even if you disable the feature."

It also happens to have this line, heheh:

"There is a slight delay during this process, so you might sometimes see items pop out of existence."

As of now I can't find a standalone version though.

Would you by any chance happen to use FNVIcons?

Savage Wasteland by Stevedog did this for Fallout 3. I recall him working on a New Vegas version but it sounds like that was borged into Project Nevada as I can't find a standalone version of it.

Perhaps try Hardercore?

afftor, is it the Project Nevada Extra Options? It seems to be the only mod that fits the bill, under the Unfound Loot section:

"Anybody who played FWE hardcore will remember the Unfound Loot option. Unfound loot uses a dynamic system to remove the world items in your game, making food and other supplies even more rare. This sytem is NOT for the feint of heart, items that are removed are gone for GOOD. You will NEVER get them back, even if you disable the feature."

It also happens to have this line, heheh:

"There is a slight delay during this process, so you might sometimes see items pop out of existence."

As of now I can't find a standalone version though.

Would you by any chance happen to use FNVIcons?

Yes, this is the one. Thank a lot.

No, I don't use FNVIcons.

Ahh damn, thanks anyway, I accidentally deleted my FNVIcons files and the current one apparently has a lot of changes which aren't announced, and it doesn't have the old versions anymore :(

Was wondering if anyone had the older versions of FNVIcons to send me for personal use.

Hey guys! I'm looking for this black outfit:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/322/0/4/fallout__new_girl_in_vegas_by_alanosborn-d334t8m.jpg

The author of this screenshot seemed to imply that she found it here on the Nexus, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Anyone seen it before?

One of LostRider's pose pack shots, huh? That would make those Fallout 3 clothing/armour mods. Not sure if there are NV equivalents.

Anyway, that top looks like a black re-colour of the "Safari" outfit from dimon99's clothes mod. The trousers and belt (the outer one, anyway) are likely from either the "Wasteland Scout" mod or the "Female Mysterious Stranger" mod (the thong she has one is likely from this mod too). Even the trousers look like they might've been re-coloured or re-textured. Not sure if those are all LR's personal modification, or if they're up on the Nexus (they might be, for all I know; it's been a while since I've played the FO3).

The holster is likely from any of the multiple holster mods available. There might be some TailorMaid accessories in there (gloves, goggles, knee-pads). Couldn't really tell you about the second inner belt buckle, but it looks familiar; think it's from a mod with latex clothing or something.

Hope this helps.