New Vegas Mod Detectives

myrmaad

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is driving me nuts, so I hope someone can help me.

This mod expanded the dialogue boxes for all NPC conversations so no scrolling was necessary, it reduces the font size and added an opaque background to the dialogue box.

I just had it and I deleted it accidentally and I have no clue what it was called!

This mod expanded the dialogue boxes for all NPC conversations so no scrolling was necessary, it reduces the font size and added an opaque background to the dialogue box.

I just had it and I deleted it accidentally and I have no clue what it was called!

Was it MTUI by Max Tael?

Was it MTUI by Max Tael?

Oh my god, you're amazing. I could probably kiss you. Thank you so much.

Armor and glasses in the picture?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images/457645-1341990415.jpg

Also I'm going to slip this little question here, how can I find Object ID's through the console in FNV? In Skyrim it's help "name" '4' but not in FNV....

Also I'm going to slip this little question here, how can I find Object ID's through the console in FNV? In Skyrim it's help "name" '4' but not in FNV....

Looks like a Merc troublemaker outfit and Authority glasses from the vanilla game along with a scarf from Wasters Scarf 2_0.

The only way I know to get the Base Id of an object ingame is to mark the object in the console that you want the Id from and type gbo. Since this requires that you either already have a sample of the thing you want to spawn/manipulate or that you know it's Reference Id it is not always useful. It also requires that you have FOSE installed.

Personally, I mostly just check the Id's on The Vault if it is a vanilla item or use TESsnip if it is from a mod. You can also use G.E.C.K. or FNVEdit.

Edited by TheNeglected

Looks like a Merc troublemaker outfit and Authority glasses from the vanilla game along with a scarf from Wasters Scarf 2_0.

The only way I know to get the Base Id of an object ingame is to mark the object in the console that you want the Id from and type gbo. Since this requires that you either already have a sample of the thing you want to spawn/manipulate or that know it's Reference Id it is not always useful. It also requires that you have FOSE installed.

Personally, I mostly just check the Id's on The Vault if it is a vanilla item or use TESsnip if it is from a mod. You can also use G.E.C.K. or FNVEdit.

Thanks.

It's not a mod then? Mhmm... How can I add adjust some of the Armor effects to my character? Like armor rating and stuff?

Edited by r5r4y

Thanks.

It's not a mod then? Mhmm... How can I add adjust some of the Armor effects to my character? Like armor rating and stuff?

Only the scarf is from a mod.

Editing the stats of armors in G.EC.K. is amongst the easiest things you can do when modding. Here is a couple of simple video tutorials:

Edited by TheNeglected

Thanks.

Only the scarf is from a mod.

Editing the stats of armors in G.EC.K. is amongst the easiest things you can do when modding. Here is a couple of simple video tutorials:

Thanks. That was helpful. But I can't seem to find where I can edit the effects of the armor like +2 Melee weapons into sneak? Change into a lower or higher value, can GECK do it?

Edited by r5r4y

Thanks. That was helpful. But I can't seem to find where I can edit the effects of the armor like +2 Melee weapons into sneak? Change into a lower or higher value, can GECK do it?

Sure, you just have edit the "Object Effect" of the armor. Here is a couple of video tutorials on that: [1] [2]

Edited by TheNeglected