New Vegas Mod Detectives

myrmaad

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this will be right for here, but I am looking to mod New Vegas with higher resolution textures. I have NMCs mod but that for example doesn't touch guns or players or armor. I have found mods for some but they all seem to be somewhat incomplete even now. The WRP Mod doesn't even have any energy weapons. Basically I am trying to retexture just about everything in the game. What are some of the major mods to make sure the environment, people, enemies, armor, clothes and guns and other items retextured. I'm going to pick out an ENB mod that suites me, and there are some things that do not need retexturing but I'm the type to closely inspect most parts of the game, and want nothing to stand out. Especially from a distance, when I can see poorly loaded things or twitchy textures in the distance. Even ENBs didn't fix that.

@ttrpg3

I will provide you with my recommendations to achieve the closest possible approximation of what you're asking for. All the same, keep in mind that there simply is no perfect solution for this game.

1. You have NMC. Good. Now overwrite NMC with Ojo Bueno texture packs, all of them except for the Securitrons package. Once that is done, download the "Ojo Friendly" version of MGs Neat Clutter Retextures and apply it. Now head on over to Textures Over Time and grab the main files, overwrite any textures already installed by Ojo Bueno Environmental. Finally, look for a mod named NV Terrain Recreational Project, install the two terrain packages (v04 & v06) but ignore the Parallax Rocks package. Now you've painted most of the textures with a wide brush, time to fill in the details.

2. For clothing and equipment, get yourself Hall of Equipment and Wasteland Clothing Hi-Res Retex. This should do nicely; there are various other armor retextures but I've never bothered with them.

3. You mentioned the Weapon Retexture Project, you can also grab EVE to cover energy weapons. Also might want to add HD Weapons Worldview.

4. HQ Dust Storm FX, Securitrons Hires Retex, Creatures Textures Tweaked...after installing those, all that is really left to do is comb the Nexus for various minutiae textures. There are some pretty nice ones if you look hard enough.

5. As far as ENBs, my advice is to grab the Enhanced Shaders TEST version for enb249 and Vanilla weather. It may be a little unstable but offers the best visual quality of any preset without drastically altering the colorspace. If you want to try something a little more flamboyant, Rudy ENB is the best choice.

Hope this helps.

does anybody know if there is a skill point uncapper so I can continue to add to my skills after 100? I have looked through many different searches but havnt found anything that seems right. kind of like what FWE let you do in F03

Edited by Vylkrie

Anyone know the gun that is being used in the attached picture?

I think its a modded BAR/Automatic Rifle but i can't find it anywhere,

Thanks in advance to whoever helps!

-edit- Also if anyone knows the pose that would be nice.

Edited by Kurorai2704

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gif54857-3-1391647220.jpg

Anyone know the gun that is being used in the attached picture?

I think its a modded BAR/Automatic Rifle but i can't find it anywhere,

Thanks in advance to whoever helps!

-edit- Also if anyone knows the pose that would be nice.

That is the Colt Monitor BAR Replacer mod, by Micalov.

Here's the link:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54585/?

Edited by Ryker61