Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone say no creepers? They add a spike of challenge to the game. And If they blow a hole in the wall, or your house, fix it! They only explode near you or someone else, not just where ever they see fit.

Also, How silly would the defenders of a medieval castle look if they said 'Terribly sorry, but I dont want to have to fix this wall, so please dont make any holes in it'?

/rant. I like creepers.

Edited by CommanderCrazy

Why does everyone say no creepers? They add a spike of challenge to the game. And If they blow a hole in the wall, or your house, fix it! They only explode near you or someone else, not just where ever they see fit.

Also, How silly would the defenders of a medieval castle look if they said 'Terribly sorry, but I dont want to have to fix this wall, so please dont make any holes in it'?

/rant. I like creepers.

Even though I would agree 100 precent with you some people wouldn't want it. I would love to have to defend our town from creepers and maybe even have a mod that makes them open walls for other mobs, it would be fun and challenging but other people would probably quit. I think we should add some mobs. At least some. No mobs is rather boring and turns Survival Multiplayer into Creative Multiplayer.

/rant. I like creepers.

This game is just a lego builder for me until they finish the product, as it is I don't like the combat/mobs system at all. But that could change, if they polish it up and add some sort of complexity to it and fix the incredibly bugged spawns. I don't think its challenging at all, and just gets in the way of me building because I "gotta be careful at night time", etc. I have played single player games where I focused mostly on survival, exploring caves and fighting mobs, etc, wasn't that hard, but it got old fast. I like to do one or the other, either build lots of big stuff, or do survival/explore where mostly I got lots of small places. But on SMP, I like to build big stuff, and mobs only get in the way of that. Just gathering the materials and the planning for some of the large structures is hard enough without having to worry about mobs with bugged spawns showing up and blowing my stuff up even when I made every attempt to keep it well lit.

Edited by crimsonedge11

User 'Paulitoman' has done some serious damage.

He started a forest fire, that spread over a very large area and now whenever you go near that area the client crashes spouting a line of gibberish and 'Mark/Reset not supported'

Apparently this is ALSO caused by the 1.3 update. Christ, did anything at all GOOD come out of that update?

Edited by CommanderCrazy

Yeah, as I said, the crashes are brought on by the latest update. It was hard as all hell to get out of the affected area though, it would only stay up for a few seconds at most. (not even enough to /spawn)

Now, ethre wants a vote on whether to keep the map or not

So far its as stands:

Ub3r: no

Anton: no

All of the Rivetts (3): yes

Me: yes

Paulitoman: Yes

TOTAL: 5 on yes, 2 on no and many undecided. Theres a long way to go.

Server is up. Mods please check your mail for information.

I am 90% certain that this should be working almost perfectly now. I would be 100%, but minecraft.net keeps going down.

As CommanderCrazy mentioned - I do want to get some sort of semi-definitive answer regarding a map. When you log in, the motd should actually instruct you to come here and vote (though if you are reading this - then obviously you are here!)

In my opinion, the world has been more than a little chaotic (my fault for not getting groups fixed up correctly to begin with), and from the large use of item spawning/etc, it would be unfair to those who were not on to continue in this world. Yes, it is quite pretty - but it seems that all of the spawns now are. If we get a pretty definitive argument for keeping it though, then I am open to that.

As CommanderCrazy mentioned - the current vote would be 5:3 for keeping.

Regarding server plugins - there is a pretty neat sign based system for establishing chests/stores. After a couple of days of stablility running on this, I will probably load that and then look at others.