Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

Good input. I'll make the decision tonight (my time) - so roughly 12 hours from now.

One note - if it is a new map, it will be a new map. I don't know the seed for the current one (just randomly added it for testing). SMP handles seeds a little differently than singleplayer.

Edit: If my experience this morning is anything to judge by, CommanderCrazy's comments on memory leaks in 1.3 may be very true.

Edited by Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good input. I'll make the decision tonight (my time) - so roughly 12 hours from now.

One note - if it is a new map, it will be a new map. I don't know the seed for the current one (just randomly added it for testing). SMP handles seeds a little differently than singleplayer.

Edit: If my experience this morning is anything to judge by, CommanderCrazy's comments on memory leaks in 1.3 may be very true.

Whats your say on the mobs?

I think we should first just have zombies and skeletons and then if we manage to not get too pissed off about it and become awesome enough we will add creepers and spiders. What do you guys think?

I get the feeling we'd lose a lot of our players if we toggle mobs on. Maybe we should leave them off for a while until the server is well established with defenses and places to obtain resources. And from there we could further look into have mobs toggleable by area.

I get the feeling we'd lose a lot of our players if we toggle mobs on. Maybe we should leave them off for a while until the server is well established with defenses and places to obtain resources. And from there we could further look into have mobs toggleable by area.

You know I actually agree. Until we build a town or at least a safe spawn area we should keep them off. Do you guys have any ideas about the town or the town style? I was hoping we can have a snowy map actually because snow can give us a lot of uses. I even had an idea for a competition after we build the town including swimming under ice and breaking it open to get out, then having to cut down a tree with your bare hands and the first person to do it would win the title of the Most Epic Viking. ;D

See who dares to stay the longest under the ice before breaking out?

I think building our village in a medieval nordic style would look good. Log palisade walls with a stone keep at the back (I wanna make it!).

See who dares to stay the longest under the ice before breaking out?

I think building our village in a medieval nordic style would look good. Log palisade walls with a stone keep at the back (I wanna make it!).

I was thinking more who can swim the farthest or who could be the first to get to the logs and break them

I dunno about building it entire nord style. I think it should be like bruma. Stone walls wooden houses.

Ethre, if you have the world files, use MineSeeder to get the seed for it.

Doooh. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: It seems that the new map format breaks mineseeder.

Edited by Ethre

I don't mind mobs that are toggleable by area, like for example if someone wants to make a dungeon and put mobs in it, I got no problems with that, as long as they don't get in my way mining for resources, etc.

I don't see why anyone has an attachment to the current seed, I don't mind if we reuse it, but we could end up with a better one, I have seen dozens better than the one we got.

Edited by crimsonedge11