Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can always just outline the town. Pick out a location and draw out plots for building, walls, etc. Then it can be altered by others to work. That way we won't have to worry about people building in the middle of the design zone. On this town we sort of just outlined and area and said to start building.

I once saw a server that had organized its town like this: On joining you could pick out one plot of land and it's yours for free. From there you can purchase more land from the store for a fee and build onto it too. Would that work?

I actually agree with outlying it. But not with having the system where you have to buy land tho. Would be fun to set regulations, and have land given out as a recognition. Edited by antonkr

A system for distributing plots in the city isn't a bad idea IMO. Adds another use for the currency and should provide an extra challenge, but it would have course only apply to land within the city. Edited by Argomirr

Buying and Earning land inside the city would be awesome, and as Argo said, add another level of challenge.

To make this work though, the whole city would need to be protected, and then when someone buys land, the protection of the land they bought will change to the person who bought it. (Hope this is possible, without too much trouble!)

I would also note that having only one trader (at least to begin with) would be best, as that keeps it organized and easier to use the economy system with less loopholes to riches. Then if the city expands very much, another trader could emerge.

And ub3r, be sure to make the outlining of the city a lot bigger than our last city was, as after a while, we'll need all the space we can get. We don't necessarily have to use all that space to start with, and can construct walls around a smaller part of the outline, and as we expand, we could make another level of walls around the new area.