Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

How about those who build the city technicly own it and then separate the land within themselves who then can sell it for diamonds or gold or money.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about those who build the city technicly own it and then separate the land within themselves who then can sell it for diamonds or gold or money.

As in having different districts in the city, owned by different people?

That would work, and remove the threat of one person becoming way to powerful.

As in having different districts in the city, owned by different people?

That would work, and remove the threat of one person becoming way to powerful.

I think we all should have a city- counsel.

Have people be in charge of

Mining

City building and expansion

Economy

Defense (in case we get mobs)

And of course have temple worshiping Ethre because Ethre is just awesome!

To make this work though, the whole city would need to be protected, and then when someone buys land, the protection of the land they bought will change to the person who bought it. (Hope this is possible, without too much trouble!)

That would require an admin to change the permissions every time land is sold. It's possible, but there'd be a delay because you'd have to wait for an admin to come on.

We could just leave protection off and rely on decency. If someone does build on land that isn't his, we bulldoze it. :P

@anton In that case, I should totally help build the city :P

[EDIT]City counsel doesn't sound bad.

Edited by Argomirr

I've been generating and deleting new worlds in single player for a while now. Hard to find something just right.. And of course, if I do make this, I'll be building a giant castle near the town just because.

I don't think having everyone have their own district is a good idea. About 75 precent of people will help build the town and the districts will just be empty.

Enjoy having no world files and everyone being banned, cause I raged. Im not even gonna read above to see what people said, all I know is people are angry and don't understand what happened.

Screw you guys. Katashy out.

EDIT: just read up. You griefed my villa. Nice move. Now Im not even sorry for deleting every file hosted by the server.

Bye-Bye!!!

No big deal guys, we can start over, minus one person ^^.

I don't think paying for land is a good idea, because that would just limit people like me who want to claim an area XXX miles away to build in private until its finished. That would basically defeat the whole purpose for me. Minecraft is like the colonial days, where people could just wonder off in an area and claim a patch of land to build on. I will help build a city, and contribute materials, etc, but I will have my own pet projects I want to keep secret until they are completed.

Edited by crimsonedge11

Okay, having a city-counsel built up by the most active (and trustworthy) players would be a great way to organize things.

Then the counsel divides the city between the members, and people will buy land from the respective owner of the land. And the counsel members are responsible for their own parts of the city, keeping it even more organized.

This is starting to sound more and more awesome, as we're creating a good city with it's own society with structure!