Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

Could I still convince people to build medieval style? Probably not.

If we have access to Cuboid at some point, it'd make finding a flat area much easier. Just find an epic mountain biome and clear all the other mountains.

Edit: I looked at ArgoIsAwesome. Looks good with a tiny amount of flattening. If it's better than Ub3rIsAwesome, I'll work on it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if everyone built medieval style, as it would look better. But on the other hand, people should have at least some freedom on how they build, at least when the land they build on is actually bought.

I don't think paying for land is a good idea, because that would just limit people like me who want to claim an area XXX miles away to build in private until its finished. That would basically defeat the whole purpose for me. Minecraft is like the colonial days, where people could just wonder off in an area and claim a patch of land to build on.

No worries, if we go with this system it will only apply to land in the city. Everything outside is up for grabs - there's plenty of land to go around in a world potentially 8 petabytes big. ;)

I'm really liking the sound of all this. Where can I sign up for the city counsel? :P

I don't think paying for land is a good idea, because that would just limit people like me who want to claim an area XXX miles away to build in private until its finished. That would basically defeat the whole purpose for me. Minecraft is like the colonial days, where people could just wonder off in an area and claim a patch of land to build on.

No worries, if we go with this system it will only apply to land in the city. Everything outside is up for grabs - there's plenty of land to go around in a world potentially 8 petabytes big. ;)

I'm really liking the sound of all this. Where can I sign up for the city counsel? :P

Well what are you good at? Are you an amazing miner? Are you an an amazing builder?

We would definitely just have the land system inside the city walls, while keeping everything outside free.

Though there should be some limit as to how close to the city one can build. i.e building a house 2 blocks away from the city walls would be no-no, but building it 20 blocks away is fine..?

EDIT:

I would very much like to be in charge of Mining in the Counsel. This would mean I would be in charge of where people can mine inside the city walls, and keep people from mining into others' territory.

And/Or Defense, as I enjoy building walls, as some might have noticed on our first world, and a little on our second world. :P

QC, we have been 8 players on at times, so I don't think it should be a problem. There's also new guys coming in from time to time, and with the challenge we add to the world, more people would be tempted to stick around.

We'd really need more players for it to work. Because it will probably end up where theres 4 city council members and 1 other guy.

Well yes thats true. However if we have everyone in charge of something it can be a country run like communism where everyone is basically equal :laugh:

Edit: I looked at ArgoIsAwesome. Looks good with a tiny amount of flattening. If it's better than Ub3rIsAwesome, I'll work on it.

:whistling:

Well what are you good at? Are you an amazing miner? Are you an an amazing builder?

Um... I guess I could do economy or city expansion. :P