Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1052619-125-feed-the-beast-insanity-ssp-released/

Probably not the best playthrough of it, they're actually kinda clueless though most of it, but should give you an idea:

http://www.twitch.tv/quetzi/b/323688107

Think of it as a challenge based skyblock map using a plethora of technical (not tekkit) mods. Lots of building, crafting, engineering, playing with bees, and generally trying not to lose the map by falling over the side. It pretty much takes about 30-40 hours to complete when you know what you're doing and aren't losing very much. It can however take like 80+ for the solo version if you don't know what you're doing.

We would probably need to have 5 or 6 people running through the challenges, with atleast 2 moderating to handle livestreaming, to prevent exploits, and help resolve any issues that come up because of funky server stuff. More than 6 people and you often end up with all but one or two people just standing around not knowing what to do, or fighting over resources.

Anyone interested should probably do atleast a run through normal mode solo and aim for a time under 12 hours. Familiarizing yourself with the mods involved is also strongly suggested.

Feed The Beast looks really interesting.

Live streaming might be an issue since we have players from different countries and time zones.

Live streaming might be an issue since we have players from different countries and time zones.

That's not too bad of a problem since people could rotate streams or duties. You couldn't expect anyone to be online for the whole 40+ hours anyway. Or the map could only be loaded and running when a fair amount of the people involved are available.

• 4 weeks later...

I was bored so I attempted to mod Minecraft. And apparently, I was successful!

I made a really simple, small food mod. It basically just adds in the ability to make Hamburgers, a bowl of salad, and sunny side up eggs. This has already been done, but it was a nice introduction to modding. The textures suck (KD, make me some better ones :P), but if anyone wants to try it out, here is a link. Requires Modloader for Minecraft 1.3.1. Just drag the entire zip into your mods folder.

You can smelt chicken eggs into sunny side up eggs.

The recipe for a salad bowl is seeds on top of an empty bowl in the crafting bench.

The hamburger is a little bit more complex.

You can craft the Hamburger bread by putting two wheat on top of each other.

You can craft the hamburger meat by placing one cooked beef into the crafting bench.

Now the final step in making the hamburger is placing a bun,patty,and another bun in the workbench on top of each other.

Edited by alonsomartinez

After 200+ hours into Terraria, my boyfriend got Minecraft last night. He started by playing the demo and got addicted, decided to buy it :P He really likes it.

He's just been making single player games right now, learning how the maps are, crafting etc. Are there like dungeons, mine shafts, and other things?

What can you do on the server? He was on some public server and it was restricted in what he was allowed to do (much like most of Terraria's open servers)

Edited by Illiad86

We never really had any "rules"

Just don't use cheats and don't grief (Destroy others property, steal stuff etc).

General "rule" was don't be an idiot.

As for what you could do.

You could do anything that you can do in Minecraft.

The only "restrictions" were fire and tnt protections to prevent griefing.

There was also a plugin in place to make chests private too.

Server is offline for the moment though.