Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

User data and warps should be restored correctly now. That includes you Anton.

Hmm still getting you are not permitted to build.

Thanks - I missed VIP for some reason. Remedied. Should do the trick.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd get on some, but I'm too lazy to build yet another castle since you lot can't sit back and enjoy the scenery. Cheers (Stuck playing Borderlands).

You don't always have to build a single castle. The problem is when people build a huge structure people can already build something new and you'd be let behind. My ship, the same thing happend, after I was done we got bored with the town.

Any chances you guys can get on more. I know we have a lot of issues but nowdays Its no longer surprising to see almost no one on. :/

Bad to say this but I kinda feel like this server is dieing just a little. :pinch:

Before the situation with Queenston and the annoying updates we had many more users on at more times. Common guys just try to be on as much as you can. Maybe invite your friends. The sweeps always made many users go back to have fun and start over but now if we do a sweep many people will be upset yet some members kinda feel like we need to restart again. To be honest I feel the only way we can do it is through a clean map. I know many of you guys spend crapload of time working on your awesome structures but the excitment of starting again maybe what we need. The map we are on now of course has some problems. First one which I feel is the most important is how little we really worked together on projects. Besides the museum and the skyship it felt like everything was done singlehandedly. And the map for some of us just got old. Just easy as that it might have got old. I doubt you guys like my idea but to be honest I really think we need a new map. The second map I was on felt the best to be honest. This one feels very much like the ones we had before only with a wall and a sign that says "City" The second map which was deleted by queen felt the best for me. We had a town in which it was optional to build in. We just had so much there... and I feel like very many memebrs are no longer here, but still we have many people that still want this server to exist and I am not sure that this map can provide what we really need anymore.

@Pronam you are probably upset by what I wrote and I am sorry. You have done SO MUCH to update and keep the server running. It has been great

Guys we need to understand that we cannot stay on one map forever. We must try to move on at least a little. What do you think?

I'm not upset lol.

The trouble is that minecraft's constantly updated and people making mods aren't top notch (pun) Java-developers with the source code available at the moment. That's why bugs meddle.

See it like someone using 3 different mods that use the same place, but because they don't know the exact place they all try to code it on the right place..but still they are wrong and thus it'll not 100% work. As Ethre and I or any other member can't use Java in a perfect manner ourself we can't just modify a few tweaks to fix things or bugtest endlessly like some of the biggers servers like commandercrazy is on. Added to that, it's a small server with way less power than any bigger ones let the game run way more smoothly.

The last week I've eventually pulled the server down as there as a lot of maintenance and bugs at the host that prevented me from even trying to update it. Bbefore this I've been testing with a few scrollworkers( like infrealms and greyzed) to test out any stuff in-between, which took quite a bit as plugins/bukkit were updated constantly. (but not on a stable rate)

The fact is that a lot of people get bored as they're done playing the way they've been playing the game. In a 'natural' way a clean map took a spark of creativity for most to restart it. That's why recently we've changed the spawn to another place to mimic this, but with the olds leads in case anyone wanted to go back. The thing is that this server consist of a bunch of builders for the short term and that we aren't capable or willing of creating something big together. There's nothing wrong with this, but know that this means people get bored quickly and will not return to the server once they are done making their place. the lack of creatures/normal gameplay got some other players got bored and started harassing other members which has led to a few incidents and even bans. That's why I enabled the creatures, but as has been in the past it's still quite buggy on our terms or disliked by a few members. The problem will persist, so that's why a few regulars will not appear that often anymore.

For now craftbook is off as it's been providing us with more bugs than ever and the author hasn't updated it as he isn't using it himself right now. We're constantly tracing our steps before we make a move to other plugins, so yes things go slowly. If someone doesn't like that they should just go to another server like a few did, Ethre owns it and takes suggestions but in the end it's a service and not a given. This server was to be temporary at the start, but as minecraft hasn't been stable enough or hasn't seen a big amount of nexus users yet there's not been a reason yet to hand it over to Robin so far. With the modding API being turned into an exclusive club with source-access granted by notch and his colleagues this might even have worsened. Unless from that fact someone gets a very stable modding platform to submit plugins too there might not be an 'improvement' in the state as it is unless the members involved do something about that by interest in plugins or else.

But why don't we challenge ourself to go ahead and do create something big. Can we? :biggrin:

Think of what we can do if we all work together on a single temple or a castle instead of working all on some seperate project.

Just imagine

Our best builders making a huge temple.

Our best miners mine for their jobs

Our best planners plan what to add

Our best electricans make great redstone system.

Best part? WE DO NOT ALL HAVE TO DO JUST ONE SINGLE THING.

Think about what we can all make. Think of all the great things we can do.

We just need to go together and make it.

Edited by antonkr

Here is an example of teamwork.

15 people (including yours truly), 2 days to flatten the land, 5 days to do the walls, about 3 days to get the inside (including moat and inner walls) up to where it is:

http://i54.tinypic.com/6fcv85.jpg

(there is also working gates from a control center courtesy of craftbook)

And on a side note, my latest nerd-chievement:

http://i54.tinypic.com/qph4z9.jpg

(BIG PICTURE)

Just thought I'd add that in :turned:

Edited by CommanderCrazy

Generally appears stable.

Notes:

Mobs seem to be spawning in groups and at times erratically, but they are around.

Enemy mobs are off for the moment. There's a great looking option that may allow them to be turned on for lower areas only, but that will remain to be seen.

Trade signs/etc seem to be good. New special at store on dirt.

As noted, craftbook is down right now. I'm looking at an unofficial build of it.

Weather works, but I have yet to see a natural storm.

Questions:

Are the protection message still occurring when you use items?

The trouble is that minecraft's constantly updated

Quoted for truth. Updates are great for the continuation of the game, but because of the revisions to source code they tend to break the server mods in some fashion or another.