Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I really want from 1.8 is the new light engine. I'm sick of looking out in the distance at dusk and seeing half the world looking like it's still daytime. Also, the new engine may well provide a fix for the problem it has now, which is that it has to calculate light every level downwards thus making it lag a ton when it's a long way down.

That is a right pain in the backside, I do wish they'd fix that already.

But apparently it's down to processing speed of the chunks. Which is dependant on the computer.

Ps. I recommend the Dynamic Lighting mod.

It's actually pretty darn awesome.

Doesn't fix the problem but actually lets torches give off light. Works in smp too (Client side only)

You can see the mod working in my ongoing series on youtube called Survival Island Challenge, it's been so fun so far :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ovqprt5LAI&list=PLC47FC973236AEAD5

So here's a rephrasing of my initial question. I'm trying to build a two stage secret door, where four pistons push out two more pistons and a pair of blocks so the door, when retracted, is totally hidden.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/Red1.png?t=1311130208

I've got a crude workaround involving more complex wiring and pistons, but I remember that Pronam earlier built a mechanism in front of my castle, and I thought "Oh, I never would have though of doing it like that." Unfortunately I don't remember how it was done. Anyone know?