Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minecraft has an update.

* Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)

* Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button

* Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning

* Added three new half-size blocks

* Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks

* Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist <cmd>” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add <player>”, “remove <player>”, “list” or “reload”

* New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)

* It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves

* Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen

* Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors

* .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!

Outdated server yo.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/katashy/2011-02-22_181044.png

Created a new world. The new lighting looks great.

The beds are cool as well. You need to wait for the night and then you "go to sleep" and wake up in the morning.

Guess I don't need to install Ambient Occlusion again. I'll look through the files to see if I can use my textures or have to wait for them to be updated.

Anyone happen to know if the new lighting system will allow for higher-lower maps?

Edit: just looked through it. The texture isn't massively rearranged, but there are some new blocks. The bed textures and something that looks like obsidian with blue streaks through it. Also the redstone blocks.

Nope, although it'd be nice. 64 blocks isnt much space to build up...

Anyone know what the other halfblocks are? Ive made wood, and cobblestone now makes cobblestone half blocks (so im guessing smooth stone makes the original kind), there's supposedly another one.

Nope, although it'd be nice. 64 blocks isnt much space to build up...

Anyone know what the other halfblocks are? Ive made wood, and cobblestone now makes cobblestone half blocks (so im guessing smooth stone makes the original kind), there's supposedly another one.

I am not sure but the wooden half block acts just like the stone one. It has to be removed using a pick to get anything back and when you do 'mine' it you can see that the particles look like stone particles.