Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we enlist a resident smart-person and get them to figure it out. :D

Also, minecraft.net has been down for a while now. I wouldnt expect it to be up again any time soon.

EDIT: Craftbook is updated and ready, just a question of when now. (Hint hint Ethre!)

Edited by CommanderCrazy

I was thinking about the entire griefing and how its different from raiding and I though, well why not instead of banning people who grief/steal etc we can have a spawn jail, which any player killed would be sent to. So if we have someone grief someone else kills them and they are sent to the spawn jail and then can only get out if their cell is opened by an admin. People in spawn jail will remain there depending on their crime and in some cases they can pay to the person they griefed a compensation

It has some good benefits as it would:

*Allow players to grief but they will have a big chance of being found and sent to spawn jail.

*It would be a challenge for us to form a guard unit.

*It would discourage use of teleport to the town with ease as that is not as fun as finding the way there when you are lost.

*Give us some sort of a challenge since mobs are not present

*Encourage people to build inside the city walls.

I doubt many people would like the idea but if you do or don't please say so.

Well, if you really want to jail people, use /togglejail <playername>. You can then /warp prison and laugh at them.

[EDIT]

I doubt it could be added. It says it needs the Modloader , and I am not sure if Ethre has it or not.

Modloader is a SP mod, so that's a no unfortunately.

Edited by Argomirr

When it comes to griefing, I don't think we need to artificially make it more difficult to deal with.

If we allow a little raiding it will give us some challange. Without mobs you can basically do whatever you want with a small chance of death.

But that would make us spread out 15796178356924758399 blocks in each direction like last time. :down:

EDIT: I try to do something different, out of the norm. It causes lag, and I'm very close to my goal, but people rage.

You know what? I'm done.

I cant play, with a group of people with absolutely no paitience what so ever. So a block takes an extra 5 seconds to pick up, you wait! So your sheep doesnt drop wool immediately, you wait!

You dont say things like 'The lag is intentional' or 'Stop being such a f@&amp;#&#33;t', because its not intentional, I just wanted to do something DIFFERENT, and I most certainly wouldnt sleep with a man.

Have a nice day. I wont be seeing you very soon.

There's no reason to keep reporting this post. CommanderCrazy - Strike 1 + Strike 2 -myrmaad

Edited by myrmaad

You lagged the server to a point it it took no more commands and shortly after it even halted completely, I had to shut it down and restart to get it back up which took a few minutes...which means you might've lagged other games that were hosted on that same server. I hope you don't mind me removing 80% world on the server to clean up the mess. If you want to do something different, please use that on your own server and don't mess it up to a point none can play anymore.

If someone's missing a house somewhere, let me know. Most inventories are reset as I couldn't use the command to kick everyone out, so I apologize for the inconvenience.