The worst games of 2010, and what will sucketh mightily in 2K11.

Vindekarr

What's your problem with Reach? I thought it was pretty great.

I could go on all day about what I didn't like about it, but I'll just give the highlights:

1- I don't like the maps

2- I don't like the gameplay(Unbalanced, and they managed to annihilate the skill-gap)

3- Last but not least, (And this isn't a harp on Bungie since they can't really control this, but it IS a part of why I don't like to play the game), I can't stand the community that plays the game. Seems like half are either pants-on-head retarded or just jerks.

You're exactly right about MW and Bathroom Ops(that really did make me laugh) players.

I mean, I've fired a real M-14. Not only does it look nothing like the one in COD, it sounds nothing like it, has punishing recoil, a much more powerful calibre, and a completely diferent arrangment of rails and hardpoints(the things you lock equipment onto) that is to say, it didnt have any, just a simple mechanism for locking a basic targeting scope onto.

Yet when I said to a player yesterday that in reality, it would probably one-shot kill someone-anyone-if it hit them in the head, he told me I was a "stupid f***tard who knows absolutely nothing" and that "it needs to hit someone twice" At which point I blew his brains out for being an insolent whelp.

Likewise for the WA-2K looks completely wrong, feels completely wrong, behaves totaly, utterly completely wrong. And for the love of all that's unholy, WHY does a primitive, no-zoom tube scope class as a $1000 "upgrade" while actualy reducing the weapon's potential as a sniping piece. And lastly, the proportioning? totaly wrong, I've shot one, they've got much, much longer barrels in proportion to the stock, a slightly adjustable should rest, and most of all, THEY ARENT MADE OFR FREAKIN' WOOD! This one was furnished in shining polymer.

Lastly, some of this garbage goes completely against basic logic. An army hat DOES NOT STOP BULLETS! Let alone devastating .50 cal shots the size of my thumb nail. It's just stupid, this game hugely punishes snipers and anyone with any real skill, since the patheticaly short draw distance makes sniper weapons nigh useless on principle, a fact compounded by that they're reliant on one shot kills. So making a perfect cranial penetration shot a three-hit-kill with a PSG1 even is just ridiculous.

Oh, and speaking of the PSG? the barrel is way too thin, and way to short, and the gun itself is much bulkier and longer planned. And I dont think they even existed back in the very early '60s.

Dazzer-you're exactly right, a 5.56 is about the most you can use without a shoulder pad to absorb the recoil. A shotgun for example, the Ranger, has enough recoil force to literaly shatter your collarbone. I dont have exact stats on the M-82/M-107 Barret, but judging by Newton's Third Law, if it can blow a massive hole in Helicopter armour, it'll also break every bone in your arm if you fire it from the shoulder.

IF you want know anything at all about anything to do with guns, talk to the instructor at a gun club-he or she will actualy know what they're talking about and will most likely be able to greatly enlighten you.

Another one for the pile of shame: Assassin's creed 1,2, brotherhood: All three overrated trash, simply pathetic. In Brotherhood, YOU CANT EVEN DIE FOR GODS SAKE! What's the point of a combat game that you cant even, you know, do combat stuff in? like I said, pathetic.

Ever tried shooting .50 barrett standing up? I haven't but looking at youtube videos of guys doing it made me stop thinking that you can run around with that gun and 'quick scope' somebody. In reality almost any bullet to the torso or the head is deadly. Even if its a pistol. In reality soldiers don't go into a f***ing building armed with a sniper rifle that weights 20 pounds trying to kill everyone inside. This is probably the reason I play ArmA 2 and BFBC2 instead of call of duty games. In those games multiplayer battles at least make some sense.

You're exactly right about MW and Bathroom Ops(that really did make me laugh) players.

I mean, I've fired a real M-14. Not only does it look nothing like the one in COD, it sounds nothing like it, has punishing recoil, a much more powerful calibre, and a completely diferent arrangment of rails and hardpoints(the things you lock equipment onto) that is to say, it didnt have any, just a simple mechanism for locking a basic targeting scope onto.

Yet when I said to a player yesterday that in reality, it would probably one-shot kill someone-anyone-if it hit them in the head, he told me I was a "stupid f***tard who knows absolutely nothing" and that "it needs to hit someone twice" At which point I blew his brains out for being an insolent whelp.

Likewise for the WA-2K looks completely wrong, feels completely wrong, behaves totaly, utterly completely wrong. And for the love of all that's unholy, WHY does a primitive, no-zoom tube scope class as a $1000 "upgrade" while actualy reducing the weapon's potential as a sniping piece. And lastly, the proportioning? totaly wrong, I've shot one, they've got much, much longer barrels in proportion to the stock, a slightly adjustable should rest, and most of all, THEY ARENT MADE OFR FREAKIN' WOOD! This one was furnished in shining polymer.

Lastly, some of this garbage goes completely against basic logic. An army hat DOES NOT STOP BULLETS! Let alone devastating .50 cal shots the size of my thumb nail. It's just stupid, this game hugely punishes snipers and anyone with any real skill, since the patheticaly short draw distance makes sniper weapons nigh useless on principle, a fact compounded by that they're reliant on one shot kills. So making a perfect cranial penetration shot a three-hit-kill with a PSG1 even is just ridiculous.

Oh, and speaking of the PSG? the barrel is way too thin, and way to short, and the gun itself is much bulkier and longer planned. And I dont think they even existed back in the very early '60s.

Dazzer-you're exactly right, a 5.56 is about the most you can use without a shoulder pad to absorb the recoil. A shotgun for example, the Ranger, has enough recoil force to literaly shatter your collarbone. I dont have exact stats on the M-82/M-107 Barret, but judging by Newton's Third Law, if it can blow a massive hole in Helicopter armour, it'll also break every bone in your arm if you fire it from the shoulder.

IF you want know anything at all about anything to do with guns, talk to the instructor at a gun club-he or she will actualy know what they're talking about and will most likely be able to greatly enlighten you.

Another one for the pile of shame: Assassin's creed 1,2, brotherhood: All three overrated trash, simply pathetic. In Brotherhood, YOU CANT EVEN DIE FOR GODS SAKE! What's the point of a combat game that you cant even, you know, do combat stuff in? like I said, pathetic.

Ever tried shooting .50 barrett standing up? I haven't but looking at youtube videos of guys doing it made me stop thinking that you can run around with that gun and 'quick scope' somebody. In reality almost any bullet to the torso or the head is deadly. Even if its a pistol. In reality soldiers don't go into a f***ing building armed with a sniper rifle that weights 20 pounds trying to kill everyone inside. This is probably the reason I play ArmA 2 and BFBC2 instead of call of duty games. In those games multiplayer battles at least make some sense.

I have shot an M14,Desert Eagle 44 M82 and plenty of other guns.I agree COD butchered the M14 horribly I love that gun and have my sights set on getting one with a SOCOM chassis.But unloading a mag into someone? I got the chance to try an EBR chassis that is a monster to control on full auto,and Im a big guy too. I cant imagine controlling that in a RL fire fight.The Barrets not TOO bad,to me it felt like a rather large varmint rifle(barrel compensator and recoil mechanisms make it not too bad).And Ive heard of what that m82 can and will do to someone.At 1k yards,it hits you with the force of a .45 cal and blows a hole the size of your fist into your back.Head shot? Talk about brain soup, there'd be nothing left.

Not to start a guns discussion,but thee 5.56 NATO is just a hair(literary) bigger than a .22.I'm an old school type,7.62 is where its at.And were the 5.55 might not drop you in one shot,the 7.62 sure will.

And the PSG1,is a modified G3 chassis. And as I have learned,loves to throw empties a good distance.The AA12? Id have to say,from the videos I see,controlling one must be difficult.

My fail list?

AC series ok in all,awesome story,crappy game play

NV-Patches break everything? Sorry Bethesda/Obsidian,let the modders fix what you break.But its so full of fail it wins.

MW2/BO-Guns are unrealistic,handle poorly MW2 was too short for story mode,and BO was terrible online.

Anything after Halo 3-No skill,the community are jerks and all,maps arent any fun with sniper/sword/hammer campers

Singularity-AWESOME game,but broken from incomplete features and lack of online support.It had it all,story,gameplay,looks(that Unreal Engine is so skexy) but the fact that I cant manipulate everything around me as promised? Really ruined it.

Probably not known here, but Victoria 2. It's strategic game, covering the industrilaztion period and bla bla bla go check it out yourself! Great idea, bad game. It needs more events and decisions and less bugs! But Paradox are ignorant and deny the bugs. :/

Complaining that ME2 has no merit... you just lost all credibility with me there.

If you think because it was popular with the masses means its junk is idiotic. ME2 was popular because those who played it enjoyed it. I played both, and while ME was fun, ME 2 was a lot smoother. Granted, I started with Wolfenstein 3D back in DOS on a 386, I've had a thing for shooters since, though it wasn't until the first Half-Life that got me hooked. ME2 was a blast for me, bugs and all. I can't imagine how any true gamer would not enjoy it, as any real gamer won't be sucked in by pretty graphics alone.

Considering how bugged FONV was at released and yet its huge popularity, its takes a helluva game to get passed so many flaws.

When I think "worst", I think of obscure games pratically no one's ever heard of, or games that had so much potential and instead failed miserably (ie Command and Conquer 4).

Another one for the pile: Force Unleashed 1/2

Thank god they canceled the third one! The second was so nauseatingly bad I actualy quit the demo half way through, instantly uninstalled it, and booted up Red Dead for some theraputic game hunting.

The acting is terrible.

The plot is terrible.

The gameplay is terrible.

The graphics are terrible.

The concept is terrible.

The canon butchery is terrible.

The fact that it's full priced, yet two hours long and adds nothing, is terrible.

It is an xpac, a truly aweful xpac, pretending to be an even worse full game.

Don;'t like it don''t play it again.

No one likes every game, want to b&@*$ and complain about it, take it ;up with the manufacturer/publisher. This is nothing but a rant thread., it has no place here and it will just denigrate further into an argument and a flame ware and troll bsainting.

So I shall close it before I start showing folks the door.

Buddah