Head Body Tone Mismatch

BorysofEbe

My apologies, as I'm sure this had been covered, but I can't find much mention of it. I am using Breeze's and Dimon's body replacers and I have noticed a distinct difference in the colour of NPC's heads and bodies. I know that the neck seem is not able to be fixed, but this is a different issue. If I set any particular NPS to "can be all races" the problem rectifies itself. I have toggled archive invalidated. Do I have to go through every NPC and set them to "can be all races" and will this have any adverse effects? Is there an easier way?

Are you using any other mods that affect NPC's? Which version of the game are you running?

One possible solution is to check your "FALLOUT.INI" file for the following line:

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

It should be in the [General] section, if it's not there then add it after the last line in the section.

Are you using any other mods that affect NPC's? Which version of the game are you running?

One possible solution is to check your "FALLOUT.INI" file for the following line:

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

It should be in the [General] section, if it's not there then add it after the last line in the section.

Thanks Grizzly, but yep already there. I'm using MMM and FWE, of which I believe that MMM is the only one that alters NPCs. Don't trouble yourself though; I'm just gonna go through and fix it in the GECK. Should only take about an hour, which is way less time than stuffing around trying to find the cause. Cheers anyway!

You can also flip the ESM flag of your plugin file. Whenever I have body/head color mismatch issues (normal head/white body), ESM-ification usually fixes it for me.

You can also flip the ESM flag of your plugin file. Whenever I have body/head color mismatch issues (normal head/white body), ESM-ification usually fixes it for me.

Thanks LadyMilla, but fixed last night throught the tedious process mentioned. Hopefully I won't have to reinstall for quite some time, but I'll remember you suggestion. Thanks again!

"Flip esm flag", sorry what you mean with that?

Not sure if there's a simpler way, but this can be done with FO3Edit.

Just rename it to FO3Masterupdate, then run it and all your checked mods will run as ESM's and work much better.

Edited by mutieblaster

"Flip esm flag", sorry what you mean with that?

Not sure if there's a simpler way, but this can be done with FO3Edit.

Just rename it to FO3Masterupdate, then run it and all your checked mods will run as ESM's and work much better.

You can use Wrye Flash, which includes an option to "esmify" individual .esp files. Running FO3Edit in MasterUpdate mode to convert all installed mods can cause other problems as there are mods that should not be converted to run as .esm's, but running FO3Edit in MasterUpdate mode does not allow you to choose which mods to convert, it just converts ALL installed mods, both checked and unchecked. However, running a mix of standard .esm's, .esp's flagged as .esm's and normal .esp's can also cause problems, especially with load order.

• 3 months later...