Creating a Custom Race, Questions/Help

SinderRose

i decided to test out someones Custom Race, "Tribal Dragon". It works during gameplay.

i modified it the way i wanted the one i have to be after testing it, and it did not show up...so..it is something i changed.

...i plan on running a guess and check system until i find out what is not working.

It worked before, i changed 1 thing, it did not work. i changed it back and saved, it still does not work...

...that does not really make sense.

...i give up on creating a race, i will just modify the texture files directly.

Edited by SinderRose

• 1 month later...

Alrighty I got a quick question. Sorry if it has been answered before but this is apparantly the closest topic to my question.

I heard somewhere that if you use the console command "showracemenu" and edit your toon your skills will reset as if you were lvl 1.

Can anyone confirm/deny that? If it's true does anyone know a way to bypass it? I've reached the lvl cap for F3 and I really don't want to screw up my character.

Thanks.

SinderRose - you're not editing the wrong gender are you? Make sure the gender your making the race for is the one ticked at the bottom of the race screen. Otherwise I'm stumped. I've made many custom races and they've all been esps and I don't use FO3Edit (it confuses me!), so it's not that. I wish you luck!

Ultrajet - I use "showracemenu" all the time on my lvl 30 char. The only thing I've noticed change is temporary skill boosts from a mod I use, not my basic skill/SPECIAL stats, or the ones applied by equipment. I too have read about horrible things happening to stats after using that command, but nothing terrible has ever happened to my stats. Still, I would recommend saving just before you use it, so you can always revert to that save if something does go wrong!

Edited by satanslilhelper

I heard somewhere that if you use the console command "showracemenu" and edit your toon your skills will reset as if you were lvl 1.

Can anyone confirm/deny that? If it's true does anyone know a way to bypass it? I've reached the lvl cap for F3 and I really don't want to screw up my character.

Thanks.

Your perks can break if you change your race. They still show in your Pip Boy but they don't function correctly. You can remove and readd them through the console (batch file is fastest) and you'll be fine.

• 2 years later...

Once your done creating your race and saved it, go into Computer/Local Disc (C:)/ Program Files (x86)/ (if on Windows 7) Steam/ steamapps/ common/ Fallout 3/ Data and place the ESP there, if your on disc version, go to the same place, but not steam, go to Bethesda Softworks/ Fallout 3/ data/ and put it there. After that, you go into the launcher (not the main menu) then go into mod manager and select your ESP. Then you can hit ok and play the game and choose your race.

• 1 month later...