cant get victoria to start quest

Palandiell

i would assume that you are referring to Veronica (it's an understandable mistake :biggrin:)

i have to admit, i have never even recruited her, so i don't know how the quest is supposed to work (i did read about it just now)

have you tried talking to her yourself, and seeing if she will have any new topics (maybe something related to the triggers or the quest)

from what i've read, she is supposed to talk to you, but i'm not sure

however, there are some quests that are bugged, and there is nothing to do about it (well, if there are fixes, than you can get them, and if there aren't, and you can't make them, than you will just have to either live without the quest, or cheat start it)

I have only anecdotal evidence to offer here, but try visiting more of the various groups around the wasteland. The Strip, The Fort, Lucky 38, Mojave Outpost, Primm, Goodsprings, Novac, Boulder City, etc. Try to visit every possible place you can, which has a reputation meter for you. And talk to veronica regularly. She should mention stuff about the brotherhood as you do it.

If all else fails you might just try going straight to the brotherhood bunker. It's near the middle of the map, south of Black Mountain, I believe

i don't KNOW if this will work, but it's worth a try

you could use the SetStage command

now, i'm not sure if setting the stage to 0 will really start the quest, but it might

so it should be: SetStage 00145f85 0

or if it doesn't work, i think you can do:

SetStage 00145f85 10 and then resetquest 00145f85

haven't tested this, but i think it should work

Just a suggestion. If you follow the main story with here, at one point you'll be sent to talk to the Brotherhood. Help them out a while, and you'll eventually get it. I don't like spoilers, but if you really want GOOD instructions, PM me.

well, i can't be sure about this, but after reading about the quest again, i think you actually have to complete the quest Still In The Dark before you can start Veronica's quest (it's not really written there, but i think that could very well be your problem)

so go to the Hidden Valley, and help the Brotherhood a little, finish their quest, and maybe then you will be able to do Veronica's quest