Missing Dialogue From characters.

reddragon98

Hello I'm not quite sure if this top belongs in this category but I'm winging it.

A lot of certain dialogue is missing from my game. For example, Ysolda's dialogue that starts the mammoth tusk quest, every single trainer's training dialogue is also missing, the smiths asking for help around the forge is missing and other small things. I haven't encountered anything game breaking yet but I'd rather get this fixed ASAP before I do. I've tried deleting every mod that changes NPC dialogue but my games CTDs before I can even see the dragon insignia at the main menu. If a list of all my mods is required I will supply it but please, if anyone knows how to fix this HELP ME. Thank you and that is all good day.

PS. I have also noticed a lack of companion dialogue. I would like to avoid erasing every mod I have if possible thank you.

Edited by reddragon98

Sounds like it's time for a fresh install bud.

Your immediate CTD is from removing mods in which other mods require (it's a "missing masters" issue)

The missing dialogue is likely related to the installation of a mod that affects character dialogue and then (perhaps) the improper removal of that mod.

I personally prefer Mod Organizer but it is a bit more complicated, you may want to stick with Nexus Mod Manager and install mods one at a time... remember your save files have dependencies on mods if you activate them while playing the game so there are issues that can occur from the installation and removal of mods and continually playing the same game.

I've broken many a saved game from this.

I concur with the above. Ysolda is the canary in the mine for a modded Skyrim; if she isn't giving you quests, you got a problem. Check the sticky post at the top of this forum, along with the "How to prevent forest fires" post in the Skyrim Technical Support Forum. They give you most of what you need to know to do things right.