Can't enter the chat room

Nysba

Ok, so today the forums upgraded to the latest version and was down for a while.

After this happened, I noticed that I was getting this error if I refresh my page when online in the chat room:

[#CSTART-9] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

I could get back in maybe 5 minutes after this happened.

So I got bored later, and decided to try if this would happen again, or was it just coincidence.

Same thing happened, still getting the same error. Yet I still see the number of members online in the chatroom next to the Chat tab on the top of the forum page.

I waited for another 5 or so minutes, and got back in to the chat room. It appears that I hadn't gotten disconnected from the chat room, and I couldn't get back in before I got "kicked". How do I know this? Because the "Nysba has left the room" is almost the newest message in the chat.

This has never happened before, I've always been able to refresh the chat page without any problems.

Bai.

Lolo now the chat refresh is working fine o_O

nvm any of this post, seems to have been fixed.

Edited by Nysba

Same is happening to me, though I was able to use chat earlier. Now I can't.

The chat server is at Invisionpower. So it's usually caused from there. Maintenance or other stuff might withhold it. If F5 doesn't help, probably nothing can :P. (unless you've been banned from chat)

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/327296-cstart-9-error/

From the IP.Board staff:

Basically, the service has been growing so we just need to add a new chat server into the mix. At the busiest times of day, we're starting to hit our capacity limits is all.
A new server was brought online today for the group of chat hosting servers. You should see an improvement on chat and no longer get any CSTART-9 errors. :thumbsup:

The last one was from two days ago, so I assume they're dealing with some issues subsequent to their chat server expansion.