ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can't enter the chat room

Nysba

I'd call it an after burn :P. forums/sites were briefly down and the Chat is following slowly.

Reading their forums they seem to plan to release a new version of Ip.Chat before the end of the year :) .

Just keep trying again, possibly wait a few minutes if you get multiple failures. The note from IPS that they added a new server was last Friday, so it's possible any problems occurring as a result (that were not catastrophic) were not dealt with fully over the weekend. Hopefully it will be fully sorted by later today or tomorrow.

EDIT:

Actually I was getting a different error this time: [#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

Here's a thread on that one (it's old, but has a couple recent replies): http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/299796-%23cjoin-0-there-was-an-error-connecting-with-the-chat-room/

I don't know if it was a coincidence, but doing a hard refresh (CTRL+F5) fixed it for me. Someone in there mentioned it seemed to be an issue due to having a custom skin on the chat, so that may have been it.

BTW Dark0ne, can we get the new smiley pack? We need to have this one --> http://community.invisionpower.com/public/style_emoticons/default/frantics.gif

Edited by HugePinball

Got dumped out of the chatroom and now cannot re-enter tried two different browsers and the ctrl-F5 but nothing. Don't think it likes me lol

The chat is down again . . . It's been buggy all day. I keep trying to get in, but I get this error. --> [#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator. I hope this gets fixed soon. :biggrin:

I was getting double and triple posts, so I refreshed, now I can't get in. Urgh! I swear, I think someone is purposefully DDoS'ing the IP Chat servers....