Nexus hacking

Dark0ne

How slightly irritating: I was wondering why I was starting to get spam delivered to my Nexus address. Thanks for keeping on top of it though, guys, and especially for keeping us informed about what's been happening. And thoroughly bad vibes to the script-kiddie for being an unpleasant nuisance.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Go here and put in you email address in the input field. Click convert to md5.
  • In the fusion table (link below) click "Show Options" and filter by MD5. Copy yours into the field on the right.
  • Click apply, if a result shows up it means your pwd has been compromised.
  • http://www.google.co...e?dsrcid=350662

That was extremely neat and useful, and also very reassuring. Thank you, bben!

• Go here and put in you email address in the input field. Click convert to md5.
  • In the fusion table (link below) click "Show Options" and filter by MD5. Copy yours into the field on the right.
  • Click apply, if a result shows up it means your pwd has been compromised.
  • http://www.google.co...e?dsrcid=350662

That was extremely neat and useful, and also very reassuring. Thank you, bben!

In case it wasn't clear, that process allows you to check if your user account password on one of the Gawker sites has been compromised. It has nothing to do with the Nexus.

To all.

All e-mail conti, be it Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook, are easyly traced by tracking cookies when you surf around. The spam you get might as well just be a picture of your surfing behavior, and how you set your filters. :wink:

Just a heads up that all members accessing the site who were previously logged in will have been logged out and presented with a page about having an incorrect cookie today. You will need to log back in to the sites you are using for your account to work again. This is part of the security being added to the sites.

Thanks for letting us know this happened, also it is very pleasing to know how quickly and seriously this was taken. To Dark0ne and all the staff thank you for the hard work you put in to give us this most wonderful site/community. I did have problems loading the site earlier but nothing seems to be wrong.

Just a heads up that all members accessing the site who were previously logged in will have been logged out and presented with a page about having an incorrect cookie today. You will need to log back in to the sites you are using for your account to work again. This is part of the security being added to the sites.

Unfortunately, that is not working for me. I am unable to log in to Fallout 3 Nexus or Fallout New Vegas Nexus whatever browser I use, it is giving me some silly message about I have failed to log in successfully five times in the last fifteen minutes. I can log into TES Nexus but not the other sites.