Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul [WIP]

Shurah

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to see one these for enemies as well that worked with other ai plug-ins. I though about this exact same thing today while luring a mammoth into a bandit camp. It killed all of them as they came pouring out of the fort to attack it....

Not smart or immersive but, very entertaining.

Currently, there is no plugin available that modifies the AI used by the NPCs when they are fighting. In the best cases, the current combat plugins modify combat styles or a parameter called "confidence" or some game settings and that's it. Note that it doesn't prevent some authors to claim that their plugin enhances the AI used during combats.

My plugin will be the very first one to modify the AI used by the NPCs when they are fighting, therefore, it will be compatible with all the current combat mods.

For the enemies, I'll do a separate plugin, because it will really make the game much harder: the combats will be much more tactics and unpredictables.

This sound awesome, but do you plan on trying to make the npc smart enough to where it can detect where the player is and where other npcs are?

That way, they don't end up walking into and pushing you away

This feature already exists in the game, however, it doesn't work properly due to countless navmesh bugs.

I've already fixed a lot of navmesh bugs (not fixed by the USKP), so the NPCs will have much more options to bypass the player and the other NPCs. However if the player obstructs a door and if a NPC has to go through that door, he'll still push the player away.

I've also thought about doing a addon for "touring carriages", but I don't know if I will have the time.

Edited by Shurah

I only just discovered this and am already super excited about it! This is exactly what I've been looking for for quite some time. Gameplay isn't the same without people actually interacting realistically. I can't wait!!!

the mod will work with remodeled interiors and exteriors as long as vanilla markers (x, furniture, idle etc.) are just moved and not deleted, correct? that means it should be compatible with ETaC, interior mods and so on, right?

I'm super excited for this! :D This is a mod I've been wanting for some time especially since I play an overpowered character I want people to run away and fear me but unfortunately I have to put them all to the sword because they all run up to fight me. :(

The AI in Skyrim is so bad that it drives me crazy. This is not something we just want, it's something we NEED! Best of luck to you, I look forward to seeing the Initial release! I'm eager to say the least. :)