Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul [WIP]

Shurah

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey are you implementing features that have to do with what's said by some NPC's ? An example off the top of my head : I'm doing the thieves guild quests , again for the millionth time just because I love them , and when you have to follow Galum-Ei into the East Empire Company Warehouse , some guards will say "There's nothing in that warehouse for you , take a walk" or something like that . But as I proceed nothing happens .. I notice that a lot , Bethesda really is the laziest game company IMO . Especially all the content that was left out . So would it be possible for you to make said guard stick by his words ? I feel like they say so many things you can't and shouldn't do , but there's no punishment for it . Very immersion breaking and pointless . Like , if I'm not allowed in or near the warehouse , I WANT TO BE ARRESTED OR KICKED TO THE CURB IF CAUGHT . Lol .

I guess really making NPC's stick by what they say in general and act on it .

Edited by NerevarII

Hm, so you didn't edit entries related to NPCs, but this still affects NPCs from other mods?

My first guess would be you have a script to distribute the AI to NPC's around the player.

I could get pretty script intensive though. Assuming I'm correct, have you considered using SkyProc for distribution instead?

I could help with that if you're interested.

I don't use scripts.

I used the same method than the one used by "Run for your lives" and "Wet & Cold". Except that instead to add conditions on my custom quests and thus some scripts, I assigned a low priority to my quests (<30), then I created an alias for each citizen as well as aliases for Unofficial NPCs and finally I added conditions to my custom AI packages.

I'm thinking about using a SkyProc but for generic (NPC such as guard, bandit, ect) because this method works well only for unique NPCs (named).

I'm so pumped up for this, great job man.

One question, though: would fAIMinGreetingDistance at 70 interfere with this mod?

It should be OK.

Hey are you implementing features that have to do with what's said by some NPC's ? An example off the top of my head : I'm doing the thieves guild quests , again for the millionth time just because I love them , and when you have to follow Galum-Ei into the East Empire Company Warehouse , some guards will say "There's nothing in that warehouse for you , take a walk" or something like that . But as I proceed nothing happens .. I notice that a lot , Bethesda really is the laziest game company IMO . Especially all the content that was left out . So would it be possible for you to make said guard stick by his words ? I feel like they say so many things you can't and shouldn't do , but there's no punishment for it . Very immersion breaking and pointless . Like , if I'm not allowed in or near the warehouse , I WANT TO BE ARRESTED OR KICKED TO THE CURB IF CAUGHT . Lol .

I guess really making NPC's stick by what they say in general and act on it .

It's on my very long "To Do" list.

Edited by Shurah

One question, though: would fAIMinGreetingDistance at 70 interfere with this mod?

I was wondering if you asked this because of the STEP patch which includes the light version of the no npc greetings mod? Cause I really want to use the STEP patch to lower my load order, and if that's what you're thinking of Shurah just confirmed it should be ok and that basically makes my day.

EDIT: Went and answered my own question, the version of No NPC Greetings used in STEP sets it to 90 which is well above 70, but lower than vanilla, and if 70 is ok 90 should definitely be. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!

Edited by EpitomyofShyness