What lore do we have already?

ub3rman123

Duh. As if a world cannot develop and advances happen in different areas. Are you suggesting the world should be statically the same as it was two thousand years ago just because the old books say so? That would be like the modern US Marines going into battle dressed in Roman Legion Armour. Lore is there to be "broken" - or developed - if this game is set 200 years from the time of the Oblivion Crisis.

your on the wrong branch of the tree.

the legions change in Armour is logical and i see what you are talking about, but you aren't on the right track. i am talking about how glass suddenly became heavy when in oblivion (in weapons). or how magic such as levitation was lost. or why daedric (moronically rare Armour) has gotten into the hands of every bandit around (ironically they still want 100 gold)

200 years?

everything in morrowind counts as lore- either we get that (minus the morrowind specifics) or they screw it over like in oblivion

How did Oblivion screw up the lore?

As far as I know, the empire has fallen into ruins. With no peacful treaties from the empire, the Argonians of Blackmarsh charged into Morrowind. Vived went missing, and with no-one to hold the moon above the city of Vivec, it destroyed it. The Argonians had a pretty swift victory.

I think I got that from the UESP, but I can't remember.

Anyway, is it possible that there'd be a minor darkelf invasion? From Oblivion's NPC talk, we know that the Nords and Dunmer attacked eachother, so, now that the Dunmer have no home, maybe they'd take a chance at Skyrim?

Just a theory.

Duh. As if a world cannot develop and advances happen in different areas. Are you suggesting the world should be statically the same as it was two thousand years ago just because the old books say so? That would be like the modern US Marines going into battle dressed in Roman Legion Armour. Lore is there to be "broken" - or developed - if this game is set 200 years from the time of the Oblivion Crisis.

your on the wrong branch of the tree.

the legions change in Armour is logical and i see what you are talking about, but you aren't on the right track. i am talking about how glass suddenly became heavy when in oblivion (in weapons). or how magic such as levitation was lost. or why daedric (moronically rare Armour) has gotten into the hands of every bandit around (ironically they still want 100 gold)

Last time I played Oblivion , glass armor was light. And there is no teleportation mainly because all of the cities are all in individual cells which means that they are not all exterior cells. If you fly over a city ,you are looking at fake buidlings and architecture that is supposed to make it look like the inside of the cell. Furthermore , the ingredients necessary for Making Teleportation potions aren't present in the game Oblivion. The book Infernal City sheds lots of light onto why there was no levitation in Oblivion

The Daedric Armor part is just how its always been. In Morrowind , you can run out into a random cave or shrine and find Daedric Armor and god weapons. In Oblivion , there had to be some challenge. No one wants to be a level 30 demigod running around killing level 2 bandits with fur armor. Oblivion would have gotten really boring if all the Bandits had inferior weapons/armor http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gifThere would have been no challenge whatsoever.

Bandits should not be chalenging at high levels, that was wrong, i a land that was in the way to be invadid by the Draedra and full of necromancers there were better ways to make it chalenging than equiping any single bandit with a complete set of draedric armor.

The Daedric Armor part is just how its always been. In Morrowind , you can run out into a random cave or shrine and find Daedric Armor and god weapons.

As far as I remember, most of the Daedric items were so well guarded that you couldn't just run into a cave or shrine and come out carrying "god weapons", at least not at lower experience levels. In fact, finding a full set of Daedric armor either required you to trek all over the continent in order to find the various armor pieces, or kill a quest-essential NPC. Daedric weapons were somewhat less rare but still something you wouldn't find in the hands of every bandit.

Bandits should not be chalenging at high levels, that was wrong, i a land that was in the way to be invadid by the Draedra and full of necromancers there were better ways to make it chalenging than equiping any single bandit with a complete set of draedric armor.

Amen to that. There is no reason why bandits should have high-end armor. Even if they did, you'd think they'd sell it instead. Going by the old saying "Crime doesn't pay", bandits should only be restricted to leather and iron armor and weapons. Marauders wearing steel armor can get a pass. It's the same reason why outlaw bikers in real life can only afford s***ty motorcycles.

Actually having lived my entire life around bikers of all varieties, I find that a validating argument for the opposite. They may have crappy houses, but many times a good bike is the only thing a real biker actually owns. My father and mother were both bikers, I'm a second generation woman rider.

The Daedric Armor part is just how its always been. In Morrowind , you can run out into a random cave or shrine and find Daedric Armor and god weapons.

As far as I remember, most of the Daedric items were so well guarded that you couldn't just run into a cave or shrine and come out carrying "god weapons", at least not at lower experience levels. In fact, finding a full set of Daedric armor either required you to trek all over the continent in order to find the various armor pieces, or kill a quest-essential NPC. Daedric weapons were somewhat less rare but still something you wouldn't find in the hands of every bandit.

I mean , you could easily find/steal.kill for them :D

At level one in Morrowind , you could easily go out and look for Umbra in the mountains and kill her and take her Armor and weapons :D . You could easily trap a Ordinator in the water and watch him drown and take his armor. Also , there were always the Orcish Worshippers who had some of the best weapons. The weapons you could always find at those Daedric Ruins right next to the ruby and the heart :D

I think Myrmaads example was perfect http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif