Skyrim modding in 2015 still not as good as oblivion modding in 2010?

YngvieMalmsteen

Lofgren, you really like being an a-hole don't you? I would not pretend to understand papyrus scripts from a modders standpoint like you pretend to understand the meaning of that sentence you quoted. Everything i have talked about papyrus is from what MODDERS have said about papyrus, not gathered from what i know from working with the language personally (nothing). When i say that's exactly what i'm talking about, i mean that that is yet another example of a talented and respected modder saying he is being limited by papyruses shortcomings, whatever those may be.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem completely incapable of understanding that i personally think Skyrim is in need of something like FCOM for me to want to play it, and that's just my opinion. It's not like Skyrim was released with everything that FCOM did built into it. In fact the main thing that FCOM does for me is add variety and difficulty and interesting quests, something vanilla skyrim lacks at least as much as vanilla oblivion ever did. Again, my opinion.

Yes, quest mods, that add single quests or have them only take place in new areas that makes it obvious its mod added, if i need to look at them at all for compatibility checking chances are ive already spoiled them since i havent seen a big quest compilation like kraginers death quest yet. And i will definitely be needing to check compatibility since skyrim is so cramped for new dungeon space and whatnot.

Skyrim has too many boring fetch quests if thats what you mean by too many quests. The biggest flaw in skyrim quests is shown in one of the first quests you ever get. If you go into bleak falls barrow at the start of the game without talking to the general store merchant in Riverwood, if you get the golden claw your character somehow knows that it belongs to someone in town and exactly who to go to. If that was an oblivion quest, you would get a dialogue topic about it and have to ask around to figure it out (i.e. finding out about sinderion with the nirnroot quest).

A mod such as iHUD pretty much effectively disable quest markers. (after this, that modest hint on the owner's name, which you can find in quest objective text, comes from the thief journal and shows up only after reading it).