SLI?

Not exactly what you asked though.

I would like to know aswell, although I am near certain that you do need the same card.

Yes.

But 2 GTX460 would maybe be better better than 1 GTX480? However i would like to know if SLI works with GTX570 and GTX460

Edited by Feltmarskal

For SLI/Crossfire, you have to have the same type of card (two GTX460, two GTX480, etc.) otherwise it does not work.

And what Fonger said, it's just cheaper to buy one awesome card then spend money on two. In 6 months, those two cards will be just as powerful or more as the one new card that comes out.

Not to mention the insane amount of power draw that having two beast cards presents to the system. I have two 9800GTX's, and even by today's standards, the amount of power both those cards draw in unison is very high. SLI can also be quite buggy depending on which mobo/operating system/drivers you're using. It can be a real pain in the ass to get all three of those things to agree with each other when it comes to SLI.

Yes you do need the exact model and serial no. for it to work, can't mix and match cards, whatever people say sli does make a big difference, usually its those people that have not went SLI them selves.

I have found out by actually reading posts by many people who has a single card and think its not north it. They Don't know what they are missing :whistling: .

Edited by Thor.

I used to run nVidia 6600GTs on SLi it turned my case into an oven yet ran well(albeit quite buggy with the Gigabyte mobo) My current rig is Crossfire ready,but space prevents it.

BUT I have learned,ATi cards work best with AMD chips,same for Intel and nVidia.

SLi is really nice and I liked it a lot.But for me,I wanted better cards than what I had.

I have tried SLI, since I build computers, and many times happend to have GFX card of the same brand in stock. I am not amazed. In runs well in some applications/games, and even worse in others. It really depends on what you will use it for. The pros and cons AND the price speaks against it, at to my money purse. :confused: