ME2 - Shepard's gender

Lehcar

I have to agree that female shepard is better - the voice acting especially is far superior, though I'll admit neither of them are much good.

I generally prefer to play as female characters in most games anyway though - I figure most of the game is spent looking at the main character's arse, so it may as well be a nice one.

Edited by The_Terminator

I generally prefer to play as female characters in most games anyway though - I figure most of the game is spent looking at the main character's arse, so it may as well be a nice one.

That's the worst excuse ever. I usually play as a female in RPGs because I like playing as a female in RPGs more than playing as a man. I don't know why.

• 2 weeks later...
I have never completed ME1 or ME2 as male shepard. And I am a man. I always play the female shepard. part of it is the fact that I cannot stand the voice of the male character. second part is I think the story is far more interesting when a female is the lead rather than a male.

That's the worst excuse ever. I usually play as a female in RPGs because I like playing as a female in RPGs more than playing as a man. I don't know why.

Maybe because you'd rather stare at a girl than a guy? Pretty sure that's the only reason why I'd play as a girl.

I DID think you could only play a male character on ME1 for a long while, but its bioware and I am a bioware fangirl... so I bought it. I was so happy to see a female character (TWO even with Ash!) who where not slutty tits on legs, oh the shear happiness I feel towards ME.

I like to play male characters, men I find get better stuff in games be it romance options or respect... that and they have cute butts :P. Female characters often feel like a side idea, and I cant stand girls like Rikku...Yuna god I wanted to rip their bimbo heads off totally killed FFX for me and X-2 made me sick.

But femshep, she is a work of walking art. Not only does she NOT look slutty and does NOT have huge breast, she is tough and strong just like her male counter part no QQQQQ from her.

That and she gets some very amazing romance options.... Garrus god I adore that alien XD... <3

I also find male shepard's voice pathetic.

Edited by nivea

I didn't realize that the male and female shepherds had seperate voice actors. I just assumed it was one voice actor whose voice was changed to a different pitch. Since the romance options had little bearing on the story, I didn't really care for them. Miranda's romance scene was interesting, but that was it. As far as male shepherd being features exclusively in the promotional material(and female not featured at all), my theory is that Miranda was pretty much used in all the promotions, thus a female shepherd would be redundant.