Antoinetta Marie companion...

Alixen

Marie is perhaps my favorite character in Oblivion, if only because of how... likable she is, while at the same time being horrible morally. She takes just a little too much joy in her work.

I was suprised that there was no companion mod for her. I can't be the only one who found her utterly adorable, if a little terriying. The DB questline has been 'fixed' for me by the Whispered Warning mod. Sadly, I still can't take Marie outside the Sanctuary and on adventures. :(

Anyone willing to make her into a companion please? I would really appreciate it, especially if there was an 'Essential' toggle, because she could be a fulltime ally.

The last few times I've played through the DB I've avoided talking to anyone but the contract givers (knowing of course what needs to be done near the end of the quest line, it makes it easier not to have my character get attached). I do remember Antoinetta being very likeable in a slightly twisted sort of way, and probably one of the people I regretted having to kill off the most the first time (even to the point of respectfully arranging her body on a bed after she was killed). I don't think you're alone in thinking she would make a good companion, way better than the scary goth looking murderer female in the sanctuary at the end of the quest line. I know there are mods out there that let you basically assign anyone as a companion, but I haven't tried them yet and don't know how well they work (or what the risks of using them are).

This would be really, really easy to do with CM Partners. Add a line to the join dialogue to explain what happened, something like "You didn't really think you'd killed me, did you? You did! Oh, how sweet!" Then activate the mod AFTER the Purification, and you're set.

This would be really, really easy to do with CM Partners. Add a line to the join dialogue to explain what happened, something like "You didn't really think you'd killed me, did you? You did! Oh, how sweet!" Then activate the mod AFTER the Purification, and you're set.

Agreed...this is a world packed full of magic and mystery...even if she WAS previously dead, which I'm not saying she would have to be, nobody is saying she couldn't have somehow recovered from that. :thumbsup:

Let's face it-- if you're a professional assassin, the retirement package probably isn't that awesome. It'd only be reasonable to have a contingency package in place. For full immersion, I suppose you could put a potion bottle in her inventory-- unusable, labeled "False Death" or something like that; and if the PC brings it into his/her inventory, a conversation option pops up to ask what it is. What it is, Miss A.M. would explain, "is a little, teeny, tiny sip of cleverness! It makes your breathing almost completely stop, and it makes your heart slow down so much that, even if you're rather badly wounded, it's much less likely that you'll bleed to death. And then-- and you're going to LOVE this!-- and then, it slowly lets you heal. Mind you, if whoever killed me had had the sense to burn my body, it wouldn't have helped one little bit, but as it is... here I am!"

Hehe, some fun thoughts. Doesn't even need to be that complicated though; the mod Whispered Warnings allows you to warn the other DB members and things are arranged so that decoys are killed instead. Then the NPCs who were warned (Marie in this case) turn back up again after the true traitor has been killed and continue as they used to be. At least thats the theory; I haven't gotten far enough to actually use that mod yet. From an RP standpoint it doesn't even ahve to be metagaming; your a murderer after all, so you may not paticularly care if {Insert NPC} is the traitor, just that for whatever reason you want to warn them.

If it's that simple would anyone please be kind enough to make Antionette into a CM companion? I'd probobly install the CM Companions mod for that.

Edited by Alixen

There are plenty of reasons to use the CM Partner mod. 1 because it is simply fantastic (I can't imagine playing without it), and 2, because you don't need to depend on someone to release a companion that is of your liking (the looks).

If you can't create a companion with custom dialogue, and if no one else does it, there is an option to have Antoinetta with you. Just load the CM mod in the CS, make a new CM partner (check the very well detailed step by step in the CM read-me, it's easy), give her a unique ID (like CMAntoinetta for example) and select the right race.

You can after open the real Antoinetta's window, move to the tab "face advance" and press "copy". Close it, open up your new CMAntoinetta, move to the same tab and press "paste". And voila.