Dragons... or maybe not.. Some ElderScroll Lore.

Phoynix

Dragon facts.

Dragons were friendly to Humans, at least the nordic ancestors.

Dragons fled to Tamrial to escape the Tsaesci.

Dragons have never waged war agasint humans.

Trailer statements that conflict with known lore.

There defeat was merely a delay...Having never been at war with humans etc.. how could they be defeated..

Akavir means dragon Land

In Tamrial written history of the Tsaesci invasinon previously refered to them often as serpent OR dragon people.

2 races who are refrenced with dragons in the ElderScroll universe.

Ka Po' Tun a tiger people whos leader surposedly became a dragon(they do intended to invade tameril but havnt previously)

Tsaesci who wiped out the dragons.. who attempted to invade the Imperium previously but were defeated.

The Skyrim trailer states There DEFEAT was merely a delay... the Tsaesci wiped out all humans on the Akivir continent and apparently intend to do the same for Tamriel, they tried once.. and they were defeated.

The Dragons in the Skyrim video may actually be symbolic, not representive.

Otherwise Bethdesa decided to IGNORE already established lore.

I cannot imagine Bethesda going against their own lore, too many hours must have been spent building the enormous background for the game series.

Whatever the game revolves around, then thats what it will be and Bethesda will try their hardest to do a great job. All we can do is wait for January for the Game Informer reveal issue and pray for some real ideas about this long awaited game.

The way I see Dragons is that they are not always active, and they would tend to go into hibernation in times of calm and peace, and if war breaks out, they wake with a fury and might just help the side they were friends with in the past. So, we may have dragons that have been corrupted by whatever enemy is attacking, and we may have dragons that will help the player, or we may have dragons that are the attackers. Either way, we get dragons and I'm loving it.

I'm thinking their both, if anyone has read the King Edward book thats on the wiki, there were quite a few dragons in that book, and it said they normally live in very isolated places, so people may not have seen many, but they do have a form of hierarchy, and they can be called to war where they would all gather, no matter where they come from, it's possible, and they said in their twitter page "There will be dragons", note the S on the end, so I'm holding out hope for good, bad, and neutral dragons in the game.

I had assumed that's what was happening. Civil war in Skyrim, Akavir invades during the chaos. The dragons might be the Tiger-Dragon king of the Ka'Po'Tun, or maybe some normal dragon that will be called on to resolve the conflict. Or both. I've read a lot of the in-game books, so it makes sense, kinda, but it might be way off.

Also, this is making me remember M'Aiq's rumor about having seen dragons, but not wanting to tell us where. The devs must have payed him in calipers to keep his mouth shut.

Edited by wolfhowl88