Morrowind CTD's when launched

Eltath

Hi guys,

I recently wanted to play Morrowind seeing how everyone says it's waay better than Oblivion (graphics being the only exception), so I found the game which my brother had burnt from his mate. So I ran the installation for Morrowind, then tribunal.

Then I downloaded the correct patch "Morrowind V1.4.1313" and ran it as admin...Worked fine, then opened up the launcher and pressed play.....It instantly CTD's and says:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Morrowind.exe

Application Version: 1.4.0.1313

Application Timestamp: 3e232ad4

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000016

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

So what do you guys reckon about this. I have:

- Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

- 4gb of DDR3 RAM

- Nvidia GTX 460 1gb

- Intel i5-2.6GHz

Help would be appriciated. De you reckon I should just buy the GOTY edition off of ebay for $20-30 (aistralian)

Thanks

It could be that the problem is the disk, if it's been burned from a retail disk, you may well get that problem. It seems to start OK then immediately you try to play it you end up with a CTD. The problem is that thee is a sort of security device on the retail disks, so it's almost impossible to copy them (not totally impossible though)

I would recommend buying a new retail game - they're cheap enough, in fact do as I have and get the Morrowind GOTY, that has both of the expansions as well as other things and automatically patches itself.

It could be that the problem is the disk, if it's been burned from a retail disk, you may well get that problem. It seems to start OK then immediately you try to play it you end up with a CTD. The problem is that thee is a sort of security device on the retail disks, so it's almost impossible to copy them (not totally impossible though)

I would recommend buying a new retail game - they're cheap enough, in fact do as I have and get the Morrowind GOTY, that has both of the expansions as well as other things and automatically patches itself.

Yeah, thats what I though.....I even ran it through compatability mode in Windows 7, still got a CTD, so I guess I'll buy it.

Thanks for your help..

No trouble, that's what these forums are for. Try here that's where I got mine from, one tip hough; look at the new and used section and get a new disk (it's usually a lot cheaper than the normal version and it's also brand new)!