Cleaving damage

Amayakyrol

What is AoE, and what is cleaving damage?

AoE is Area of Effect damage. Cleave damage is weapon-based damage that affects multiple enemies in a horizontal line in front of you.

And, ya know, I hadn't much thought of that until the OP said this, but I think it would be a good thing to add some multiple-target weapon-based attacks. I think having more options for weapon-based attacks in Skyrim would be a good thing. In Oblivion, you have all these different spells, and that's fine. But you have a grand total of like two or three common weapon attacks.

Combat does need to be expanded to include things like cleave damage in the upcoming game. Aaaaand the game also needs to be hard enough to make those attacks necessary.

Do you think TESV needs this? I'm always slightly annoyed when I come from pretty much any other RPG to a Bethesda product and have no ability to AoE without using spells.

AoE is Area of Effect. Spells or attacks that deal damage in an area and affect more than one target.

Cleaving damage strikes multiple targets. It's a melee attack.

Read topic as Cleavage Damage... It's late, and that's my excuse.

Anyhow, I think what would be better would be being able to simply hit more than one target with a single melee attack. Some of those power attacks in Oblivion could easily damage something other than what is in front of you, and being applied in that way would probably be the easiest way to implement it, rather than some sort of unique special skill. But yeah, combat has been steadily simplified over the incarnations of the game. I frankly wouldn't be surprised if they condensed all weapons to use a single skill, removed maces and shortswords entirely, and added in a feature which automatically fights for you (and almost always wins).

cleavage Damage would be awesome....

Buxom Female char "Now aint you a big old troll.. you dont wanna hit poor little old me do you?"

Leans forwards runs her hands down her body

MAXIUM CLEAVEAGE ATTACK.

Troll takes 10 CLEAVAGE Damage, stuned for 10 rounds.

I also support AOE melee attacks.. infact two handed weapons should do this by default I think.

Edited by Phoynix

• 1 year later...

I think 2 handed weapons have a cleave perk.. . called sweep..

Sweep Sideways power attacks with two-handed weapons hit all targets in front of you. 0003af9e 70

source : http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Two-handed

That's for sideways power attacks. Derp.

Your point? It sounds exactly like "cleaving damage" to me. Most of those games with a "cleave" feat that I know of don't allow you to use it all the time without limits.