A LIST OF DESIGNER MOD IDEAS EVERY MODDER MUST SEE

jwoltz

OKAY! I'm an avid Oblivion gamester and computer tech. BUT, as of yet I have not gotten into modding. I am a designer and have a LOT of ideas for new mods as well as some badly needed updates for exisisting mods. HERE THEY ARE:

#1. Battlehorn Castle Guards - Mod to Change Men-At-Arms to all females (Women-At-Arms or Vixens-At-Arms). I tried using the CS but not all of them changed and they maintained male voices. My female character wants her guards to be female,preferably attractive, too.

#2. Street Vendors (Merchants) in the IC Market. Someone did one that just doesn't work for anyone. I installed cleaner IC Market mod and Better Cities Imperial City. NOW what we need is a mod that takes all that wasted space under those columns in the market place forum and along the street and fill them with vendors selling ALL NEW merchandise. There are a lot of modding resources for a lot of really cool items but no mods to put them in the game. Furniture, Christmas decorations, grandfather clocks, mantle clocks, watches, candy, toys, medieval knights armors, shields, helms, musketeer tunics and swords, new foods (even hot dogs and cotton candy) sexy clothes, cigars, pipes, the list can go on and on and the possbilities are endless judging by all the modder's resources out there with some fantastic stuff.

#3. Ship Retextures- BOY IS THIS NEEDED BADLY. I installed Jason1's pilotable ship, Imperial Battleship, and other ship mods including Safe Waters mod to navigate the waterways. The Vanilla ship textures all look like these ship need to be scrapped. Even the new mods simply rehash the same textures. I installed one mod that was suppose to retexture them and is doesn't work for me and a lot of other people. We need one that will retexture ALL the ships either individually with distinct paint jobs or collectively with a really cool look. Pirate ships should be stereotypically red, black, and gold with white sails. The Imperial Battle Ship should look like an HMS 18th century ship of the line, blue and white and gold. These ships as they currently are just look terrible!

#4. Akatosh Mount-Dragon breaths don't work. All that comes out is the pink field of the mesh with no texture. I've sent emails and left comments on TexNexus but no one including the author has responded. An update is needed to correct this problem. It's a great mod otherwise!

#5. Reznod's Mannequins- I love this mod and use it to display my "retired" armors and costumes of all the personas I have been in the game. I didn't like the marble or wood texture nor did I like others natural skin tones. Sooooo, I made my own and they are GREAT. I recently loaded a mod called sexy witch poses that I use primarily for screen shots. It made me think that the limited poses in Reznod's could be augmented by a mod that updates or patches the original mod to increase the variety of poses for these mannequins. Some of the costumes and clothes I have displayed REALLY need some of these sexy witch poses or similar!

#6. Jousting- There are a couple of modder's resources out there, but no one has put a fan-filled jousting arena in Cyrodill along with buyable jousting armors, lances, and horses so that players can compete! This is REALLY NEEDED. Medieval jousting would add a lot of new excitement to the game and give us something new to do!

#7. Female Super Heroes-While not exactly lore friendly (who cares) I have someone's WonderWoman costume mod (it could be better) and I also play as Xena, Warrior Princess (VERY well done) once in a while. NOW, we need a WELL-DONE highly detailed mod for the likes of Supergirl (new, modern skimpy 2-piece costume), Batgirl, Mary Marvel (aka Shazam), Starfire, and maybe a better WonderWoman suit. Maybe some creative sexy female versions of otherwise male heroes like Zorro, Spiderman and Captain America (I currently have a mod that gave me his shield)

WELL, THERE YOU GO. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE THIS STUFF IN THE GAME. I GUESS I NEED TO LEARN TO MOD, MYSELF. UNTIL THEN, I'll probably be posting more ideas later on.

#1. Battlehorn Castle Guards - Mod to Change Men-At-Arms to all females (Women-At-Arms or Vixens-At-Arms). I tried using the CS but not all of them changed and they maintained male voices. My female character wants her guards to be female,preferably attractive, too.

This isn't so hard, it would just be a lot of tedious, long dull work, for little gain.

#2. Street Vendors (Merchants) in the IC Market. Someone did one that just doesn't work for anyone. I installed cleaner IC Market mod and Better Cities Imperial City. NOW what we need is a mod that takes all that wasted space under those columns in the market place forum and along the street and fill them with vendors selling ALL NEW merchandise. There are a lot of modding resources for a lot of really cool items but no mods to put them in the game. Furniture, Christmas decorations, grandfather clocks, mantle clocks, watches, candy, toys, medieval knights armors, shields, helms, musketeer tunics and swords, new foods (even hot dogs and cotton candy) sexy clothes, cigars, pipes, the list can go on and on and the possbilities are endless judging by all the modder's resources out there with some fantastic stuff.

All new? That is a lot of work. Do all of the things you listed have modders resources? If so you should link them, many modders would not be bothered to add the extra time of searching these to their work load. If these aren't existing modders resources, then that is an extremely large workload. You'd have to model, and texture every single one. Then there's the long arduous task of placing it all in the construction set etc. Plus NPC creation, managing their AI. This one boils down to one of two things; A huge workload, lots of time. Or, an impossible workload of huge amounts of models and textures.

#3. Ship Retextures- BOY IS THIS NEEDED BADLY. I installed Jason1's pilotable ship, Imperial Battleship, and other ship mods including Safe Waters mod to navigate the waterways. The Vanilla ship textures all look like these ship need to be scrapped. Even the new mods simply rehash the same textures. I installed one mod that was suppose to retexture them and is doesn't work for me and a lot of other people. We need one that will retexture ALL the ships either individually with distinct paint jobs or collectively with a really cool look. Pirate ships should be stereotypically red, black, and gold with white sails. The Imperial Battle Ship should look like an HMS 18th century ship of the line, blue and white and gold. These ships as they currently are just look terrible!

Individually for every single ship in the game? That's a pretty tall order. There might not be loads of ships in the game, but they're no small textures. In any case, provide some pictures for people unfamiliar with your comparisons etc.

#4. Akatosh Mount-Dragon breaths don't work. All that comes out is the pink field of the mesh with no texture. I've sent emails and left comments on TexNexus but no one including the author has responded. An update is needed to correct this problem. It's a great mod otherwise!

Which version of Akatosh Mount are you using? I don't have this problem, try re-installing the mod.

#6. Jousting- There are a couple of modder's resources out there, but no one has put a fan-filled jousting arena in Cyrodill along with buyable jousting armors, lances, and horses so that players can compete! This is REALLY NEEDED. Medieval jousting would add a lot of new excitement to the game and give us something new to do!

Horse combat has barely been touched upon at all, and yet this is taking it a step further. This would need new animations, the use of what exists of horse combat already, new models, new textures. This is a lot of work, and as horse combat barely exists as is, this probably wouldn't be done by TES:V next year. Realistic jousting would involve being forcefully removed from a horse also, and as such would require even more animations.

WELL, THERE YOU GO. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE THIS STUFF IN THE GAME. I GUESS I NEED TO LEARN TO MOD, MYSELF. UNTIL THEN, I'll probably be posting more ideas later on.

Some of your ideas are quite good, but most are extremely heavy work loads. Some like Jousting are things that would take months, with experienced modders. Re-evaluate, thin them down a little, make them easier to manage, and focus on one at a time. For the ones such as the guards mod stated first, use them as an opportunity to learn the CS.

I'm not trying to say your ideas are bad, just that if thought about more realistically they might attract more modders, or make it easier for yourself to mod.

Good luck! Remember I could be wrong, someone might be interested right now!