Dunmer liberation

pleasenoname

After further playing I've decided that none of the factions are clear cut black and white. I have to individually decide what is the best thing to do in the situation.

For instance there are people that oppose and favor slavery in all houses.

So, I could oppose slavery from whithin any house.

Edited by pleasenoname

• 5 months later...

Well it always depends.

Hlaalu (in general) is subtly for slavery but not all rank-and-file members necessarily support it or the Cammona Tong. So as leader you could denounce it, but practice it. Or denounce it in both practice and words. Or simply not care and do business for the House; as it has no qualms in that.

For Telvanni it is simply whom is in charge. I'm sure if you were Archmagister, you could decide practically anything for the House in Vvardenfell (take into mind that the Great Houses in the mainland would only consider you a minor leader, apart of a council of leaders or simply a branch of the tree) without much trouble. The only trouble would be if someone decided to challenge you, which would be out of character.

For Redoran, it is a about honor, duty, the Temple, the House, and Family. So they would be naturally inclined to both despise Slavery for it is against honor and family yet allow it with a blind eye for the Temple allows it. Changing it would be against tradition, which is what Redoran is basically. Tradition of the Noble Warrior. Denouncing it would be difficult, only because the Temple would have some questions and it would have to be accepted by all Councilors as well.

So Redoran can be against slavery for their own interests (Caldera Mine) or just for it's against the moral code.

But yeah, it just comes down to are you a Conservative Traditionalist or do you want to be a Revolutionary Abolitionist?

• 2 years later...

"Liberate Morrowind" is a too generic expression. Every House have a personal idea of "liberating".

Even Dagoth Ur wants to free Morrowind by killing all the n'whas (slaves included).

What do you want to liberate?

Edited by Stardel

• 1 year later...

Aren't the Telvanni supposed to be the most conservative, traditionalist house, least friendly to the outlanders on Vvardenfell (although Redoran isn't too far behind)? Master Aryon claims that the Telvanni and the Dres often find common ground in their support of slavery.

Edited by LoneWolfEburg

The truth is, from the point of view of any of the Great Houses, slavery can be argued for or against to differing degrees. I always find the most fulfilling way of playing and RPG is to develop a backstory to your character when you begin. It doesn't have to be complex as it will often develop as your game progresses, I also find that I generally enjoy the game more if I don't try to make my character 'special'. By this I mean I wouldn't want to play a Dunmer from House Dres, who hates slavery because he thinks its morally wrong as I don't believe that the culture he/she would be brought up in would allow these notions to develop realistically. In this way RPGs are all about immersion, as such anything that draws attention to the fact that you are the player of the game, and that therefore your character is different to all the rest in the world I don't particularly appreciate.

Each to his own though, you could play whatever role you want, just use to logic to create the characters backstory.