Invisible water.

NDDragor

I have the common problem that water in my worldspace (drylands) is showing up in Geck however in the game it is invisible, but its there because I can hear the noise and get radiation. Everything with my water level height and the waternoise textures is ok because I checked it several times, so it must be something else I have done wrong. I know that there was a good guide about fixing this but I cant find it so If somebody knows what to do or has a useful link I would be grateful.

Edited by NDDragor

I have the common problem that water in my worldspace (drylands) is showing up in Geck however in the game it is invisible, but its there because I can hear the noise and get radiation. Everything with my water level high and the waternoise textures is ok because I checked it several times, so it must be something else I have done wrong. I know that there was a good guide about fixing this but I cant find it so If somebody knows what to do or has a useful link I would be grateful.

Crap just checked another guide and it said that the minimum land height must be 13000 to avoid the invisible water bug. The guide I used earlier said something about 10000. Now I have spent more then 3 months on my mod and have heavily edited the landscape so changing the land height will most likely result in errors... So new problem --> Does somebody know if its even possible to change the land height from 10k to 13k with a heavily edited landscape and many placed objects, markers and triggers?

Edited by NDDragor

In you experience... no, you can't change it without causing some errors. However, those errors tend to be annoying land tares where the 3d sqaures rip at random intervals but usually outside of established built up areas. My advice would be to make a backup of your esp on a winrar folder and try altering the variables, save, exit, and open the GECK again. If your file isn't totally jacked up or corrupted once you try to reopen it, then your in business. That having been said, keep that backup esp you have saved just in case.

Alternatively, you can highlight all your work in giant swoshes and SCOL everything, that should work on all your statics, and that process should cut down on your redesign time should you need to rebuild the worldcells from the grounds up... again.