TES V, Multiplayer?

MizerD

179 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want TES V to have multiplayer?

I know it will never happen for Skyrim at least. However assuming hypothetically Skyrim had multiplayer I wouldn't want a full blown MMO style multiplayer element or even a Fable style co-op. I feel it would destroy the sense of immersion that the Elder Scrolls games have on you. That being said I wouldn't mind a different mode for 2 or 4 player LAN that allowed you do take part in gladiatorial style arena matches or dungeon crawls with your buddies.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Co-op MAYBE, but I voted no. Bethesda has no experience with multiplayer and I feel like if they even tried it would take away from the rest of the game. They really need to focus on their strengths and keep it single player like they have always done things. A Fable style co-op might work, but single player is where it is at for TES. Bethesda bought the website "elderscrollsonline" a while back, so if they decide to make an MMO, it better be completely separate from Skyrim.

It's relevent because unlike NWN you may need more complex software and game alterations than just dumping mods into a folder. Did the player download and install Skyrim Mod Manager, Skyrim Script Extender, did they invalidate their archives, do they have Skyrim Edit and did they create a merged patch, is their game directory in Steam or just the normal directory, can their PC handle the hardware requirements of this specific server? Imagine getting half way through the game only to have it crash because, oops, that mod interfers with X location so now we have to uninstall it or tweak it and now all of us playing on the server have to redo our entire installation because of one little mod.

:blink:

We are talking about how it COULD be implemented, all I am saying is that I would want it to run like NWN, you dont have to worry about mod conflicts because automatically everyone would be running the same mods from the server, because the server forces you to use those mods and ONLY those mods. All you have to do is connect. It does it for you.

THats what OblivionPortal is based off, we got that working. We just utilize oblivions exterior and interior cells. There are no quests. We so far get up to 8 players max, and the only thing we have issues with is, the Chat client. WE still ahve yet to created localized communication between players. WE are planning on utilizing the OBSE, There are no NPC's at the moment either.

But it works so I really don't know what argument you are trying to make.

It's relevent because unlike NWN you may need more complex software and game alterations than just dumping mods into a folder. Did the player download and install Skyrim Mod Manager, Skyrim Script Extender, did they invalidate their archives, do they have Skyrim Edit and did they create a merged patch, is their game directory in Steam or just the normal directory, can their PC handle the hardware requirements of this specific server? Imagine getting half way through the game only to have it crash because, oops, that mod interfers with X location so now we have to uninstall it or tweak it and now all of us playing on the server have to redo our entire installation because of one little mod.

We are talking about how it COULD be implemented, all I am saying is that I would want it to run like NWN, you dont have to worry about mod conflicts because automatically everyone would be running the same mods from the server, because the server forces you to use those mods and ONLY those mods. All you have to do is connect. It does it for you.

THats what OblivionPortal is based off, we got that working. We just utilize oblivions exterior and interior cells. There are no quests. We so far get up to 8 players max, and the only thing we have issues with is, the Chat client. WE still ahve yet to created localized communication between players. WE are planning on utilizing the OBSE, There are no NPC's at the moment either.

Oh sure, it works, but without quests, npcs and just cells, and the UI isn't adjusted/doesn't work. So in other words, it doesn't work. So I don't really see your point.

People can keep hoping the next TES will be multiplayer, your wasting your breath. :thumbsup:

NEVER!!!!!

A game like this would be AWESOME with multilayer, but I don't trust any gaming company of this day with that task. They are all for profit and though some are Definitely better than others, I just can't imagine any of them pulling that off. It would need to be an MMO or "search for partner" but based in single game to work at all.

Not to be a ass, but I can say this; plain and simple: If this game is made multi, IT WILL BUST!!

Still....I won't complain if they get it right; I will gladly write a formal apology if that's the case. After I play nonstop for a week, that is!! LOL

To: Bethesda Softworks - If you do this and do it right you will be KING OF GAMING WORLD!!!!

Oh sure, it works, but without quests, npcs and just cells, and the UI isn't adjusted/doesn't work. So in other words, it doesn't work. So I don't really see your point.

People can keep hoping the next TES will be multiplayer, your wasting your breath. :thumbsup:

It's for roleplaying why would you need the quests?

Sigh.....over complication yet again. Its not that complicated, to have full sync you literally have to have the same mods regardless of how they are in. Also Oblivion's modding compatibility is quite horrible compared to other games, load orders? thats inefficient. Also, Co-Op is not multiplayer, it will not affect anything minus difficultly. Also, I think it pretty selfish to say no co-op, what if people want to play with their friends? But of course I gonna get a post saying I do not know anything. But Co-Op would be perfect for TES series. I can promise if another game just as good as TES and it adds co-op you can kiss TES good bye.

Considering the only reason we take the NPC's out is because speaking with them freezes the game world and causes a crash, which is why Oblivionportal is designed to have those aspects removed. it's for ROLE-Playing with other people. It's strictly for people who want to RP in a Tamriel setting. People who play games with headsets need not apply.

Also because Skyrim has radiant quests, as well as congruent time flow in npc conversations, if we decide to adapt a new client to it, we can and also have those radiant quests.

My point is, if we can mod the online for oblivion and actually connect for up to 12 people (and we have) Then we can do it in skyrim too.

By the way, the client checks for server updates and checks your load order, corrects it, then connects to the server.

Modding oblivion is not hard. Stop being lazy and learn how to do it correctly.

Seeing as how

Considering the only reason we take the NPC's out is because speaking with them freezes the game world and causes a crash, which is why Oblivionportal is designed to have those aspects removed. it's for ROLE-Playing with other people. It's strictly for people who want to RP in a Tamriel setting. People who play games with headsets need not apply.

Also because Skyrim has radiant quests, as well as congruent time flow in npc conversations, if we decide to adapt a new client to it, we can and also have those radiant quests.

My point is, if we can mod the online for oblivion and actually connect for up to 12 people (and we have) Then we can do it in skyrim too.

By the way, the client checks for server updates and checks your load order, corrects it, then connects to the server.

Modding oblivion is not hard. Stop being lazy and learn how to do it correctly.

Seeing as how

Oh, I get it, so you just use it for cybering. :teehee:

I think the rest of us who actually enjoy playing the game, in it's immersive detail with npcs, quests and storyline will continue to enjoy the lack of multiplayer. At least... the poll results seem to agree.

If anything your efforts only prove it can't be done, unless of course you want to just play around in a 3d tea party graphic system. When I want to do that I play Second Life, a game already made for multiplayer.

Oh, I get it, so you just use it for cybering. :teehee:

I think the rest of us who actually enjoy playing the game, in it's immersive detail with npcs, quests and storyline will continue to enjoy the lack of multiplayer. At least... the poll results seem to agree.

If anything your efforts only prove it can't be done, unless of course you want to just play around in a 3d tea party graphic system. When I want to do that I play Second Life, a game already made for multiplayer.

1. Your accusation is offensive and immature.

2. Many people have expressed their wish to play the game with other people.

3. 3d Tea Party - If this was trying to be insulting its 0/10 I love tea parties, and so do all my barbies.

4. Our efforts prove it CAN be done. Just because the NPC's are Disabled (i.e. You cannot start dialouge with them that doesn't mean there is nothing that will attack or kill you. We have successfully tested the client with FCOM active. Skyrims NPC's are radiant so if we decide to take another project on Quest will be enabled in skyrim

5. If you want to play game alone thats fine no one is forcing you to leave your basement.

6. everyone else is welcome to join US and download OblivionGATE when we release it.