ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

TES V, Multiplayer?

MizerD

179 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want TES V to have multiplayer?

The question is whats the cost/benefit and the balance of a multiplayer implementation into the game,

and would it totally ruin the game experience or would it jump into new levels?

Reminding that TES4 was going through a multiplayer testing application

(if i may refer to this application in such way).

you can see the results of it.

On the other hand, the TES world was always a single player experience for the individual and i think they should keep it like that.

Cooperative gameplay would be a nice addition in my opinion, it could even provide the support for modifications

(remembering the shooter Unreal Tournament as best example), the only thing thats questionable, is it worth the hassle?

Everyone that would like to play on someones server needs to have the exact same mods, allthough idk if there is any other way around it, since they need to be syncronized at every level (or maybe not? Correct me if im wrong).

To get back to it, i would rather say NO to a multiplayer integration.

Lets hope they will put all the efforts to make the game a new eye candy, wich would not be very helpful and dissapointing (cause of the huge amount of data that would need to be transfered, and not everyone has a flat-rate or limitless internet availability) when clicking on the "connect to server" button!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since WoW seemed to become redundant (still a monster, but aren't their subscriptions still dwindling?), I've been afraid that they were putting off TES V for exactly the multiplayer reason so that they could leap in and take off where WoW left off.

I certainly don't want to see TES become the next WoW...the drives, motivations, everthing, is totally different.

online gameplay means no mods. so no, never TES should remain a single player. look at bioshock2 yeah it had multiplayer but who cares, it sucked. they should have spent more time on single then wasting time on multiplayer.

I completely agree, I voted never.

They should continue to spend their time and resources on making the best single player games in the world. There are tons of multiplayer games already available.

I also agree with this.

My words exactly. Normally in games that have multiplayer, the singleplayer is buggy, short or boring. So I vote Never.

I could not agree more. I could not live with myself with what both of you said. Multiplayer also means that the graphics will not be the best also . . . in most cases.

I also voted NEVER.

In this world there is no place for second hero :down:

Haha

Not, realy.

Rewarded in the many quests are often unique or artifact. And how to divide a unique artifact? If they were two, it's no longer the unique artifacts.

Or do you want to be the one who receives rewards and trophies the seconds category?

I do not. :tongue:

A second good reason - TES is one of the last refuges for single player games. Games where the player himself bears responsibility for all his decisions, good or bad. Games, where can not excuse "that he" ...

Edited by Semtex

Or do you want to be the one who receives rewards and trophies the seconds category?

I do not. :tongue:

you can always fight over them lol

They should put multiplayer similar to diablo 2, you can create a game, people can join it and do quests with you or kill eachother and do whatever. The game doesn't have to be balanced for multiplayer. I don't want an MMORPG style multiplayer.