VATS melee, anyone?

WizardOfAtlantis

It still fails when I'm up close, which I then switch to a Super Sledge. Constant vigilance, my friends.

There must be something wrong with your character.

Have anyone played Red dead revolver redemption? I would like a system similar to that one, where you can slow down time, mark several targets, over the same thing/person or over different ones, and then let your character execute the attacks. And in my opinion how much time you have to aim and how many marks you can tag should depend on your stats and skills.

you're also forgetting that upon entering red dead mode you cant be killed. red dead mode saved my ass everytime i faced a mountain lion because. red dead mode is the same as vats but it doesnt stop the game, just slows it down without the slo-mo kill shots. so i still stick with what i said before. make combat better and make it all real-time

off topic but Red dead revolver redemption is game of the year and the best western game ever made. also have one the best story's ever put in a video game with one of the deepest and most interesting main character ever. a masterpiece.

Yeah, I don't want immunity/invincibility at all, just the slow down effect and being able to target at multiple parts of the enemy's body and then unleashing my attacks. It would be a nice compliment for the located damage system that I'm almost sure will come with vanilla version.

And yes, one of the best games I've ever played, it has a nice rpg felling to it and an awesome story.

Edited by zombie00

First off, just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. :turned:

Second, VATS only turns off damage if you play in hold-your-hand Vanilla mode. It's very easy to die in VATS when you play either FWE or Arwen's. In fact, I've noticed that it's easier to stay alive in an FWE/Arwen's game if I DON'T go into VATS and I use Bullet Time instead. :thumbsup:

BETHESDA, are you listening? Please add VATS. Please, add MAGICAL PERKS. These can be magical SKILLS. It goes hand in hand with VATS (pun intended).

Bethesda, you had an idea like this with Alchemy -- some potion igredients were hidden until your alchemy scores went to "Journeyman" or "Master" levels. Required PERKS can be used to prevent a low-level flunky to suddenly become Magical Superman when he gets a money exploit -- he's gotta understand stuff first.

MAGICAL PERKS can also be great by themselves, operating all the time just like Fallout PERKS. They also don't have to be just magical, it can directly take some combat perks from Fallout 3, such as the ability to do headshots in VATS or sneak while running without penalty. How about permanent night vision without having to cast a spell?