Quick updates to the site, money money money edition

Dark0ne

In response to post #24595839. #24596394, #24596734 are all replies on the same post.

teppic1 wrote:
Ithlia wrote: The mod author has to turn that option on for you to be able to donate to them...as I understand it.

Out of curiosity I turned on the donation thing and it shows up on my profile page. I looked at turning it on for one of my mods and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm not sure why, I just couldn't.
teppic1 wrote: The author mentions he accepts donations but I can't see any links at all for it. I might be being stupid.

Go to one of their mods, click on their name where it says Uploaded by, right under total views. That should take you to their profile page. The donation thing is on the right.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24595839. #24596394, #24596734, #24596949 are all replies on the same post.

teppic1 wrote:
Ithlia wrote: The mod author has to turn that option on for you to be able to donate to them...as I understand it.

Out of curiosity I turned on the donation thing and it shows up on my profile page. I looked at turning it on for one of my mods and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm not sure why, I just couldn't.
teppic1 wrote: The author mentions he accepts donations but I can't see any links at all for it. I might be being stupid.
Ithlia wrote: Go to one of their mods, click on their name where it says Uploaded by, right under total views. That should take you to their profile page. The donation thing is on the right.

Ah, found it. Thanks :) It's odd that it's nowhere on the mod page.

In response to post #24595839. #24596394, #24596734, #24596949, #24597129 are all replies on the same post.

teppic1 wrote:

Ithlia wrote: Go to one of their mods, click on their name where it says Uploaded by, right under total views. That should take you to their profile page. The donation thing is on the right.
teppic1 wrote: Ah, found it. Thanks :) It's odd that it's nowhere on the mod page.

It got toggled off during the update. I had to manually turn it back on for my mod

In response to post #24595839. #24596394, #24596734, #24596949, #24597129, #24597184 are all replies on the same post.

teppic1 wrote:

teppic1 wrote: Ah, found it. Thanks :) It's odd that it's nowhere on the mod page.
icecreamassassin wrote: It got toggled off during the update. I had to manually turn it back on for my mod

Well the mod author has to do that manually as well.

and your welcome :)

Thank you, Dark0ne. You expressed my fears far more eloquently than I attempted to in a comment I made yesterday...and your plans for the changes to the permission and donation systems seem sensible and relieve me somewhat.

I'm still sad to see that Dreogan has pulled all of his mods from here in favor of putting them on Steam, but it was all his work, and the decision and aftereffects are all his. isoku, on the other hand... ... ...I am quite upset because if you look at his description on the Steam Workshop, he has left off the 20 other modders whose work is used in his mod (be it art assets, code, or even errorchecking) that he gave credit to on Nexus. This is the most upsetting thing, because those people helped him in good faith and now that he can make a quick buck off of it, they aren't worth the time to even mention.

In response to post #24595104.

Mavkiel wrote:

You already can donate Premium Membership time to the authors instead of real money, if the authors turned on this option in their preferences.

I don't have PayPal and will never accept a single dime given to me outside of my job, but I already turned on the option to allow people to donate Premium Membership to me instead, as this definitely isn't going into 'my' pockets but into the site's upkeep.

I just haven't yet turned on any of these buttons, neither on my profile page nor on my files.

But I must admit I'm really thinking about it right now, considering 'I' still won't get a dime, not even Premium privileges, but the site will get the support, if only indirectly, I can't give myself directly, and so I'd still support it financially, even without paying anything.

Looking at it from a "Click here to support the upkeep of the site with a donation" perspective really does sound like something I might consider.