Quick updates to the site, money money money edition

Dark0ne

In response to post #24606729. #24606929 is also a reply to the same post.

Tehmedic101 wrote:
Rifleman556 wrote: He can't do anything about the model scheme, He had to accept it for legal reasons.

I've been saying this stuff all night, mod commissions need to be a thing

(ignore what I had before this I didn't read the topic and I'm an idiot for not reading it first) Edited by CiderMuffin

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could set up a sort of "stretch goal system" on that donation box you mentioned? Mod authors can promise to implement new features when a certain amount of money is donated. This would mean that mod authors could make money for their work and the quality of there mod would improve, while still being free and fully fledged for everyone. It's a win-win in every way!

Except for Bethesda and Valve, who wouldn't making any money off of these donations, in fact, base don the outragous pay division, modders would probably make mroe from donations with a stretch goal system than they would using the workshop. :P

Edited by bizzclaw

In response to post #24605154.

ff7legend wrote:

very true but valve/steam has caught on to the petition and a lot of the people who have signed it have had there accounts banned. 4 of my friends signed it and lost there accounts . there was no slander or foul language towards valve just going against them they got there accounts banned

In response to post #24605154. #24607209 is also a reply to the same post.

ff7legend wrote:
aimlesswander wrote: very true but valve/steam has caught on to the petition and a lot of the people who have signed it have had there accounts banned. 4 of my friends signed it and lost there accounts . there was no slander or foul language towards valve just going against them they got there accounts banned

I find that hard to believe is the thing, that just sounds like the kind of stuff people say to make Valve look way worse.

In response to post #24605154. #24607209, #24607279 are all replies on the same post.

ff7legend wrote:
aimlesswander wrote: very true but valve/steam has caught on to the petition and a lot of the people who have signed it have had there accounts banned. 4 of my friends signed it and lost there accounts . there was no slander or foul language towards valve just going against them they got there accounts banned
CiderMuffin wrote: I find that hard to believe is the thing, that just sounds like the kind of stuff people say to make Valve look way worse.

Seriously? Surely that is illegal, that just seems so wrong.

In response to post #24605154. #24607209, #24607279, #24607314 are all replies on the same post.

ff7legend wrote:
CiderMuffin wrote: I find that hard to believe is the thing, that just sounds like the kind of stuff people say to make Valve look way worse.
toggsuk wrote: Seriously? Surely that is illegal, that just seems so wrong.

That is illegal, if they can find no reason for being banned, then its a violation of Freedom of Information Act and their terms of service. Edited by Rifleman556

In response to post #24605154. #24607209, #24607279, #24607314, #24607404 are all replies on the same post.

ff7legend wrote:
toggsuk wrote: Seriously? Surely that is illegal, that just seems so wrong.
Rifleman556 wrote: That is illegal, if they can find no reason for being banned, then its a violation of Freedom of Information Act and their terms of service.

The reason I'm calling BS on the account thing is, how does Valve know who signed and who didn't? How can you ban someone from steam when you don't know who signed the petition? Change.org doesn't display people's email addresses and unless you use your steam name they have literally no way of finding out if you signed or not. At most I can see people getting banned on community by overzealous mods but full account bans? I doubt it.