Quick updates to the site, money money money edition

Dark0ne

In response to post #24597589. #24597689 is also a reply to the same post.

LtRhapthorne wrote:
Millenia wrote: Nexus will never have paywalled/paid for mods. All it has is a simple donation popup feature that mod authors can opt into.

Hey Millenia, nice to see you still with us :)

Do you plan to continue your mods in nexus?
Really like the guns you made it!

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24596944. #24597759 is also a reply to the same post.

phellen wrote:
oqhansoloqo wrote: That's a great idea, I think.

That's kind of a cool idea. Maybe give them a month's free premium membership or something along those lines.

In response to post #24597589. #24597689, #24597789 are all replies on the same post.

LtRhapthorne wrote:
Millenia wrote: Nexus will never have paywalled/paid for mods. All it has is a simple donation popup feature that mod authors can opt into.
OiramX5 wrote: Hey Millenia, nice to see you still with us :)

Do you plan to continue your mods in nexus?
Really like the guns you made it!

It's not that, it's the fact that this has killed the atmosphere of modding.

Maybe it's just change. But before the concept of being paid people made mods because of their vision of the game not the bottom line.

It's not the community I fell in love with 7 years ago, before I even had a nexus account.

Thank you for keeping mods free :) It's clear that the true motivation behind paid mods is greed when donations are a perfectly viable option. It's a shame too because Valve are amongst the few companies I trust but this really makes me reevaluate that trust.

Hi, Dark0ne!

Is it possible to enable the option "Users can not use my assets in any mods/files that are being sold, for money, on Steam Workshop or other platforms" for all (I mean already released) mods by default? Or everyone here must read this post? I know many modders after releasing a mod visiting Nexus from time to time and they will not see your very important news you told here.

This question also relates for new features on Nexus, ideologically same as above. I will be glad if you will be able to implement such features with "protective" option enabled by default.

Thanks.

In response to post #24597539. #24597584 is also a reply to the same post.

vinak wrote:
PickleJar wrote: Yeah, but before, there was no legitimate, institutionalized way to sell mods. Now there is.

Money always changes people. Whereas before if a mod was stolen it was a slap in the face. Now it's about capitalizing on other's work.

In response to post #24596944. #24597759, #24597794 are all replies on the same post.

phellen wrote:
oqhansoloqo wrote: That's a great idea, I think.
akkalat85 wrote: That's kind of a cool idea. Maybe give them a month's free premium membership or something along those lines.

"After all the modding community wouldn't exist as it does today if it wasn't for the nexus."

maybe for TES, but other games did well without nexus

In response to post #24597869.

gh0stwizard wrote:

I will be glad if you will be able to implement such features with "protective" option enabled by default.

There's a lot to read, so I'll just cut it out:

This box is ticked by default. You will need to untick it if you want to allow mod authors to profit off your work.

Based Dark0ne already has it covered.