ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Companion Request:Red Lucy.

Mariofan15

I would like to request someone to make Red Lucy a companion. Naturally,can only hire her when the quest Bleed me Dry is completed. Maybe add romance options and the like to her if anyone is good enough to do so. Actually surprised no one has even done this yet,honestly. Well,here's hoping someone does this.

I asked for the same thing about a year ago, but for some reason there's no interest. Kind of odd that it hasn't happened after all these years. Let's see, there's Sunny, that Vegas hooker and... that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I gave that Goodsprings girl that gets attacked by the geckos Red Lucy's face, but that's about the extent of my brain power.

Maybe we should try reverse psychology. "Red Lucy? Sexy redhead, lusty voice, decked out in all leather and packing a big gun? Who the hell would ever want her as a companion! That would be the worst mod ever!!!"

Just seen this! I'll have it done by tonight if you guys are still interested. Got most of it done already but need to do other things in my life. If you'd like to help out, you could help with a bit of her dialogue. If you just fill in the "Reply" sections with what you'd like her to say I can get right back on it tonight. If noones replied I'll just fill it in myself. You can also have a couple of replies and then I can get the to just randomly cycle.

Prompt: "I want you to attack enemies the moment you see them."
Reply: X
Prompt: "Let's talk about something else."
Prompt: "That's all. Let's get going."
Prompt: "Switch to a melee weapon."
Prompt: "I want you not to attack enemies unless I've already engaged them."
Prompt: "I want you to use ranged weapons."
Prompt: "Let's talk about how close you're following me."
Prompt: "Stay close to me."
Prompt: "Your distance is good. Let's talk about something else."
Prompt: "All right, you're good. Let's get out of here."
Prompt: "Keep your distance. Try to flank them."
Prompt: "Enough about tactics."
Prompt: "Let's trade equipment."
Prompt: "Wait here."
Please excuse my low post count, I've only recently gotten into the modding scene, hoping to make some impact in the next few months!

I asked for the same thing about a year ago, but for some reason there's no interest. Kind of odd that it hasn't happened after all these years. Let's see, there's Sunny, that Vegas hooker and... that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Sunny and Joana have a little more extensive vanilla dialogue lines that make it possible to cut and crop them (albeit with a LOT of work) into working companion dialogue. Even those two followers are pretty limited in their responses though, and they don't always fit, making it seem sloppy. (In reality, it's the farthest thing from sloppy, the modders really do the absolute best that they can with what the vanilla game gave them.)

The reason not too many people want to create this mod is because you would either have to

1: take hours upon hours cropping her existing dialogue (which doesn't have much variety; she calls you stranger every time, and only talks about different creatures and their eggs, the thorn, and "laying with her".) thats a lot of work for something that, again, appears sloppy.

2: have her dialogue not be voice acted at all, which I can't speak for other modders, but that completely breaks the immersion of the game for me.

or 3: find a good quality female voice actor to not only record for all of the new dialogue lines, but replace all of the vanilla ones as well so they match your new ones.

A few other possible interest killers are:

its potentially lore breaking to have a leader (at least a big role player) of independent new vegas leave her post just as her community is stocked with fresh blood

theres not much known about her to create a back story or any quests for her

you already have romantic options with her as a vanilla npc, so making new ones may seem a little backwards (stealing a kiss for the first time after youve already "faded to black" with her, etc)

Those are just a few of the reasons I can see for people not wanting to take up a project like this. If you can't find anyone to help you in the next few days, PM me and I can make you up a version with no voice acting and send it to you directly, but as I said, I personally can't stand mods without voice acting lol. OCD and all that.

Edited by sullyvanj93

In response to sullyvanj93, I spent some time in the G.E.C.K scouring her dialogue and I'll post a proposed speech set at the bottom of this post. I agree though, it may appear sloppy and will probably get a bit repetitive after a while though

A few other possible interest killers are:

its potentially lore breaking to have a leader (at least a big role player) of independent new vegas leave her post just as her community is stocked with fresh blood

theres not much known about her to create a back story or any quests for her

you already have romantic options with her as a vanilla npc, so making new ones may seem a little backwards (stealing a kiss for the first time after youve already "faded to black" with her, etc)

Those are just a few of the reasons I can see for people not wanting to take up a project like this. If you can't find anyone to help you in the next few days, PM me and I can make you up a version with no voice acting and send it to you directly, but as I said, I personally can't stand mods without voice acting lol. OCD and all that.

Lore Breaking to have her leave:

Perhaps, one could justify it in their mind by reasoning that now The Thorn is nicely stacked with creatures it can run itself a bit better now, or she's leaving with you to partner up and find more eggs and the like/find new and more powerful creatures

Back Story:

Fully agree, she doesn't say very much about herself at all and she comes across as very neutral on everything, even current politics. Furthermore, the speech set would be difficult enough as it is, but to construct a back story and loyalty quest out of it? I'd be very impressed.

Romance:

I must admit I don't care at all for the romance part, that would be up to someone else completely.

Anyway this is what I've fished out of her dialogue, most of these things are said in their own right,I haven't ripped them halfway out sentences to prevent the tone. Putting in the sounds and lip syncing might be more of a long term goal for me however, I have a lot going on personally at the moment and not sure where I'd find the time to mess around with audio and stuff.

Prompt: "I want you to attack enemies the moment you see them."
Reply: You got it/If that's how you want it, so it'll be
Prompt: "Let's talk about something else."
Reply: What do you want to know?/Ask, and you might get an answer/Whats on your mind?/What do you want?
Prompt: "That's all. Let's get going."
Reply: You got it
Prompt: "Switch to a melee weapon."
Reply: You got it/If that's how you want it, so it'll be/It's time for blood
Prompt: "I want you not to attack enemies unless I've already engaged them."
Prompt: "I want you to use ranged weapons."
Prompt: "Let's talk about how close you're following me."
Reply: What do you want?
Prompt: "Stay close to me."
Reply: You got it/Enjoy the Carnage/If that's how you want it, so it'll be
Prompt: "Your distance is good. Let's talk about something else."
Reply: What do you want to know?/Ask, and you might get an answer/Whats on your mind?/What do you want?
Prompt: "I think we should travel together."
Reply: Lets see what you've got/I'll be impressed to see what you're capable of/I've been looking forward to this
Prompt: "Let's get going"
Prompt: "All right, you're good. Let's get out of here."
Prompt: "Keep your distance. Try to flank them."
Prompt: "Enough about tactics."
Prompt: "Let's trade equipment."
Reply: Lets see what you've got (might be the wrong tone...)/
Prompt: "Wait here."
Reply: If that's how you want it, so it'll be/You got it
Prompt: "Yes, I'm sure" (Being Fired)
Reply: "Your loss/so long/Our time was sweet, my hunter"
Prompt: "On second thought, stick with me for a little longer."
Reply: If that's how you want it, so it'll be/
[speech Initiation]
What do you want to know?/What do you want?
[Combat Initiation]
Enjoy the Carnage/Legion Dog!/Lets test your mettle/Lets see what you've got/The fight will begin in earnest/It's time for blood/I've been looking forward to this
[Near Death]
Even the strongest creatures need their rest/Our time was sweet, my hunter/Don't congratulate yourself (so profusely) just yet
[Perhaps said when you commit a crime?]
Perhaps I should better search for someone with greater resolve and honor?
Snippets of dialogue
You got it
Enjoy the Carnage
Legion Dog!
What do you want to know?
Ask, and you might get an answer
Whats on your mind?
And I wont stop you
Lets test your mettle
Lets see what you've got
I'll be impressed to see what you're capable of
The fight will begin in earnest
If that's how you want it, so it'll be
Perhaps I should better search for someone with greater resolve and honor?
Don't congratulate yourself so profusely just yet
your valor deserves recognition and I shall honor it.
I've come to expect nothing less from you
What do you want?
It's time for blood
Even the strongest creatures need their rest
I've been looking forward to this
Our time was sweet, my hunter

The only way I can see to get her available is to use the "JIP CC&C" mod. With that mod, you can recruit any friendly npc as a companion. I actually did recruit her once.

I know but I'm not looking for that. This cant be that difficult to do. Hopefully someone will do it. I'll even be happy if she's given the same treatment as the Lucy West mod from Fallout 3. Doesnt even need romance.