Suggestion: Reminder to endorse/un-indorse/give feedback.

AlexanderJVelicky

I have noticed with almost any file you look at, that out of the, lets say 1,000 downloads it gets, there will only be like 50 thumbs up, thumbs down, comments, or any type of feedback at all. This is undoubtably because people never think to go back and endorse the file, they download it, play it, then leave it. Only when its really awsome, or really bad, will they go back and comment or thumbs up or down. What I think would be great is if you made a system where if you download a file, if the person does nothing related to the file (like comment, or endorse or anything) for like, say, a day, it pops up a little message reminding them to give feedback on that file (or it will list all eligible files) so they can go back and endorse, unendorse, comment, etc. Then they can say like 'ok' and it removes all the mods from the list, or maybe like 'remind me later' and it pops up after another day. This would greatly increase the percentage of people who provide feedback on mods after downloading. I think it would be worth your time to implement it here. Anyone agree/disagree?

Where? I don't think I have ever seen it and I have downloaded my share of files around the site. If the 'dont remind me again' button makes it go away forever (explaining my I 'have never seen it' as I did that long ago I bet) it should only stop reminding you of the current mods you 'should' provide feedback for. So if I click 'dont remind me again' then download a mod 10 minutes later, it should remind me for that mod the next day. How does the current one work?

Yup, file rating reminders, originally implemented around when the three-hour download delay was implemented. Under "Global member preferences" for each site under Members>Preferences, it has 1, 3, 7, 14, and 28 day settings. And of course, "never" is the as well.

I think mine's set to 7. Contemplating setting it to 14; I don't download too much these days.