Co-Authoring a story..

HellsMaster

All post are taken, you can still come here and check for development and give ideas if you want.

Team :

antokr [Status= Co-Author]

Omeletter [Status= Co-Author]

RZ1029 [Status= Spell Checker]

The Calliton [Status= Ideas Provider]

KeanuMoreira [Status= Ideas Provider]

Our Main Character: He is a thief and assassin and has a loving family.

The Main Bad Guy: The sentient hammer. An amber and silver hammer with one side spiked and the other side is blunt. Mysterious runes and whispers are heard when near from the weapon.

REVISED PLOT/ Kudos to KeanuMoreira for it:

The assassin [Main character] is a family man, a loving father of two children and a wife he loves more than anything in the world. They reach hard times, however, when their kingdom goes into debt and they end up approaching bankruptcy. The assassin does what he needs to do to put some bread on the table by coming into contact with some people who can help him out. He is hired to kill an old man who has a knack of finding mysterious artifacts from ruins and as payment, he can choose one of these artifacts along with anything else he chooses (like food or gold or whatever). Upon plundering the house, he finds this strange hammer locked away in the cellar, untouched for a very, very long time. He's compelled to take it and show it to his family before selling it on the market for a good price, but ends up losing his family when the hammer turns rogue, and devours the souls of his family, vanishing before his eyes as he is left to die in a house fire. He wakes up finding he has lost everything, and searches for his first clues in order to find his family and bring them back.

What we need: A name. A world. A kingdom. A History.

OLD PLOT/ So Far

A knight leader with the strongest knight unit in the world is defeated by a necromancer. All of his unit was mercilessly slaughtered (or so we think), the knight leader is imprisoned and force hibernated in a dark icy cave, where he will remain there frozen and asleep for hundred of years. He awakes. He has to go back to the land of the elf to see his wife and see if he is alive. on the way he get a new companion. He arrives at his wife (elven queen) and on the way he has a first encounter with the necromancer. Everything is fine with his wife but the land is terrorized as undead, murderers, criminals freely roams the plains. He sets off to seek information on his knight unit, over the book he finds 3 remaining. He then sets off to to capture the necromancer right hand to get information about the necromancer himself. Then they set off to the necromancer, where hidden truth are revealed ect. He doesn't kill the necromancer but rather uses his own magic against him and turn him in a undead for the rest of his life, powerless. [He is that cruel toward him, because his son dies along the way in the book]

UPDATED on the 04/01/2011 at 15:10

Edited by HellsMaster

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i ask all of you:

Do you want to co-author a story?

Yes, of course. I can help you but with my medium level grammar skills I sometimes misuse words.

Anybody up to be a beta reader?

I can be a beta reader if I don't qualify for the Co-author. I always read articles, blogs, stuff, so there is time for me to read.

Anybody up for the job to correct mistakes and such?

I can correct spelling, quite good at spelling, but I'm still average with grammar.

All i ask is can i see a sample of your work? or if you are interested but never wrote before can you make a small piece up?

Ok this is my very, very old story I started, didn't have interest to finish. My grammar and stuff was very bad.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/155110-skeletons-story/page__p__1328154__hl__skeleton__fromsearch__1#entry1328154

Edited by Omeletter

I can do some peer review. But I don't want to exactly start from scratch without a general sense of direction. Your description is too broad. Some subgenre like cyberpunk would be better.

You can also try contact Ithildin when some stuff gets on paper; she may be able to help you grammar-wise immensely.

Edited by AliasTheory

this is awesome! Sure thing Omeletter, you can be a co-author, if we find nobody for beta reading then you got that post too.

The Calliton is probably going to be a co-author and i don't know about Alias Theory, he might join too.

Thanks HellsMaster, but I'm not sure I want two roles. Maybe leave beta reading to somebody else? Co-author would be great though!

Edited by Omeletter

I am not sure about Alias Theory, but this is a chapter i have written ages ago and redited 1 month back.

In the attachments there is an epilogue to one story and a chapter of another. If we cant decide on what plot we want to have we can still go back to one of them.

The attachment Chapter 1 is from my book Eclipse of Heart and the attachment is from my story the Lord of White