Co-Authoring a story..

HellsMaster

I liked the knight and the necromancer idea you HellsMaster made. Although I think we should go for something unique. I don't know if this is a good idea to copy from my gameplay, but here goes it.

In Fallout 3 I duplicated myself 20 NPC in police uniforms, I dragged them along sewers, ghoul infested cities, mutants, etc. I didn't wait for anyone. If they couldn't catch up they would be left behind. So in 2 hours of gameplay I only had 3 left. Yes, 3 people left out of 20, and we returned to our "Police academy" in the middle of the wasteland, like a building, and fixed ourselves up. They earned the building forever, they were only residents left from that day.

Here is the idea for this story.

We have a big party, a raid party, e.g. 12 people, they were raiding an old ruin, similar to Oblivion's ayleid ruin. (Maybe we should set it in the Oblivion's world?) They were losing each other, one by one from different causes, e.g. one got trapped in the room, the other smashed against the wall, etc.

At the end a few were left, they found the end, the room with the treasure, and tremendous magical powers that were guarding it. The magic was doing all sorts of things, summoning guards, controlling minds, shattering the ceiling, etc.

To stop the magic one of them had to destroy the crystal in the middle, but because the power of it is unknown, it probably would end up sacrificing one or another. As soon as the crystal is destroyed, a giant flash of energy cleanses the room of everything, but the remaining people managed to hide behind the pillars, so it didn't affect them. The whole ruin collapses, but there is still treasure. They decide to grab the crystal shards(it doesn't try to kill them anymore, but it still has some magic inside) and the body of the sacrificed member of the party, but leaving the treasure alone. All of them get out of the room right before the falling pillar shuts the room and run back, but they realise something happened with the time (the ruin fixes up too, as it was at the beginning of the story), and they meet themselves on the way back, somewhere on the long bridge. The people they meet are them when they were in the middle of the ruin going to the treasure, the moment they were all still alive.

They have to talk their past clones out of going there and stuff? I don't know you can make changes.

Edited by Omeletter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm interesting ideas. How about having some sort of like a key inanimate object of the story. For example knight having some sort of a magical sword that he needs to defeat the necromancer. Some one item in particular that the story should highlight,

make it a unique item, like a saddle or something you wouldnt expect to be magical

and HM, i kinda dont wanna co-author, can i just give you some ideas, like a consultant?

Ok sure thing Calliton.. i dont think its a good idea to make it in Tamriel. And Calliton yeah.. a unique item without being the cliche sword would be nice, like a key or something!

dont do a world already created, loses originality

also, keys are good, but not too original, perhaps a key that unlocks a tomb containing a magical item, really make the hero work for it

like perhaps a warhammer instead, or an axe? i myself LOVE swords, but they are overused as magical items

perhaps a magical crossbow? or even a flail? mace? and if you do a sword, do one from a region of the world that the story doesnt take place in

like if its a more european hero, give him a katana, if its a more middle eatser hero, give him a xyphos sword, make it unique

also make the hero unique (if you arent going to make the person side with the "bad guy") make him kinda scraggly and use a realistic, but not common style of fighting, perhaps two short swords instead of one long one

Edited by TheCalliton

Calliton, i love your ideas! I think that we are gouing to ditch the elegant sword and go for something messy, i mean a hammer or mostly seen as holy object right? used by monks, this small touch is great! As well the fighting style will need change after the character we have, something to suit him, which brings another question: Maybe change the "job" of the good guy? we have seen loadsa knight before, how about a mercenary or thief or murderer? [Fight fire with fire huh].

How about we do that during the story the hero is led to belive that only that unque weapon will kill necromancer, but when he open the tombstone [wait, when did i think that?] he just finds a usual war-hammer. Which leads him to despair blah blah.. whaddya think?

Other thing we need to think about : Apparently the elven wife/son thing is cliche, we need to change it.

Bad guy is cliche i think, we should go for something else then a necromancer, thoughts?

Ending is cliche, i though maybe we should do that the bad guy is actually his son? I just had this idea now, thoughts?

Calliton, i love your ideas! I think that we are gouing to ditch the elegant sword and go for something messy, i mean a hammer or mostly seen as holy object right? used by monks, this small touch is great! As well the fighting style will need change after the character we have, something to suit him, which brings another question: Maybe change the "job" of the good guy? we have seen loadsa knight before, how about a mercenary or thief or murderer? [Fight fire with fire huh].

How about we do that during the story the hero is led to belive that only that unque weapon will kill necromancer, but when he open the tombstone [wait, when did i think that?] he just finds a usual war-hammer. Which leads him to despair blah blah.. whaddya think?

Other thing we need to think about : Apparently the elven wife/son thing is cliche, we need to change it.

Bad guy is cliche i think, we should go for something else then a necromancer, thoughts?

Ending is cliche, i though maybe we should do that the bad guy is actually his son? I just had this idea now, thoughts?

i read a book where the good guy was an assassin, so any job could work

i read a book where the hero was a student, A STUDENT!

it all depends on how you wanna do it, do you want the hero's story? do you just want his past to be a mystery?

and maybe not make the elf lady his wife, but a secret lover? and dont make her royalty, waaaay to cliche, make her have a job that is more mankind that elvish, but still needed for the elves

and maybe make it a holy guisarme even!

the sky is the limit, push boundries!

and use spell check

OK, ill check with Antonkr and Omeletter and we will decide on a job, i kinda like Assassin to be honest.

We should know the hero's past i think, then again we will have a vote :D

I had to google "guisarme" :pinch: i think not! And could you possibly expend on his secret lover bit?

So we need to vote for our hero's:

Job

Mercenary/Killer [both]? Assassin[1]/Thief [both]? Monk? Knight? i Vote assassin

Weapon

Hammer[1]/Spear/Knife/Flail

History

Mystery[1]? Known?

OK, ill check with Antonkr and Omeletter and we will decide on a job, i kinda like Assassin to be honest.

We should know the hero's past i think, then again we will have a vote :D

I had to google "guisarme" :pinch: i think not! And could you possibly expend on his secret lover bit?

So we need to vote for our hero's:

Job

Mercenary/Killer [both]? Assassin[1]/Thief [both]? Monk? Knight? i Vote assassin

Weapon

Hammer[1]/Spear/Knife/Flail

History

Mystery[1]? Known?

secret lover thing...

perhaps the lady would be an architect, elves tend not to be oriented towards science, but someone has to be able to know how to build stuff, but because of her jobs he is kind of an outcast, like the executioner kinda, the executioner is needed, but not liked

take spear out, it gets done a lot too, pole arms are great, but not a spear

knife is cutting it close to being used

and dont do mercinary

swords can be used, you know, just has to be different from the weapons the hero's society uses

Job

Killer? Assassin[1]/Thief [both]? Monk? Knight? i Vote assassin

Weapon

Hammer[1]/Pole arm/Flail

History

Mystery[1]? Known?

As for that secret lover, its a great idea!

Love Story: Secret love with an elf whose job someone has to do but because it is frowned upon and not too many elves know about it she has been outcasted, but still working for the elf. Awesome. So i guess, architect is a good one then.

I deleted mercenary, changed spear to pole arm and deleted knife