Co-Authoring a story..

HellsMaster

alias is right, we need a plot more than anything

Have to agree with that. We are spending way too much time on his weaponry while we are more then certain may want to change it as we go into the story.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so erm.. my plot doesnt really apply to him anymore sooo.. any ideas?

I overlooked something, how do you guys write? antokr and omeletter? i mean, i usually write 3rd person, past tense.

Plot Idea:

he has a contract to kill someone, he do it. He look around the home to loot stuff, he found some stuff with a hammer. Wait.. you know what, how about the weapon is the bad guy? like a sentient weapon who wants to take over his body or something?

Edited by HellsMaster

i write however the story demands

if it demands a more widespread knowledge of the characters for the reader to understand, i do third

if it demands you keep things hidden, or want to really connect to the reader, do first

I am more of 1st person type of guy. How about having the man he try to kill much more powerful then he thinks and the hammer being something he needs for some evil-doings that would destroy the *name of area we are in*

Alright, I'm interested. I know this is last second, but I can spend my time to help you with your plot problem. I'm creative in this area, I just need help bringing it a little love and life is all. So whatta you say? Edited by Keanumoreira

Alright, cool.

But before I start giving any ideas, I just want to first make sure I got everything down. So it's about a knight who gets defeated by a Necromancer (But you said you're looking to replace that because a necro. sounded cliche) his entire men at his command slaughtered, and ends up frozen in a cave for hundreds of years. He then becomes free and attempts to locate his wife.

That sound about right?

It's a good thing I checked, lol.

Ok, I see where we are at now. Hmmm...ok, not much to work with but I like a good challenge nonetheless. How about our assassin used to be your family kind of man, a loving father of two children and a wife he loves more than anything in the world. They reach hard times, however, when their kingdom goes into debt and they end up approaching bankruptcy. So our assassin does what he needs to do to put some bread on the table by coming into contact with some people who can help him out. He is hired to kill an old man who has a knack of finding mysterious artifacts from ruins and as payment, he can choose one of these artifacts along with anything else he chooses (like food or gold or whatever). Upon plundering the house, he finds this strange hammer locked away in the cellar, untouched for a very, very long time. He's compelled to take it and show it to his family before selling it on the market for a good price, but ends up losing his family when the hammer turns rogue, and devours the souls of his family, vanishing before his eyes as he is left to die in a house fire. He wakes up finding he has lost everything, and searchs for his first clues in order to find his family and bring them back.

Whew! Ok, how does that sound?

Edited by Keanumoreira

It's a good thing I checked, lol.

Ok, I see where we are at now. Hmmm...ok, not much to work with but I like a good challenge nonetheless. How about our assassin used to be your family kind of man, a loving father of two children and a wife he loves more than anything in the world. They reach hard times, however, when their kingdom goes into debt and they end up approaching bankruptcy. So our assassin does what he needs to do to put some bread on the table by coming into contact with some people who can help him out. He is hired to kill an old man who has a knack of finding mysterious artifacts from ruins and as payment, he can choose one of these artifacts along with anything else he chooses (like food or gold or whatever). Upon plundering the house, he finds this strange hammer locked away in the cellar, untouched for a very, very long time. He's compelled to take it and show it to his family before selling it on the market for a good price, but ends up losing his family when the hammer turns rogue, and devours the souls of his family, vanishing before his eyes as he is left to die in a house fire. He wakes up finding he has lost everything, and searchs for his first clues in order to find his family and bring them back.

Whew! Ok, how does that sound?

I like it! How about him hiding that he is a theft from the family?