Most\Least Satisfying Moments

secksegai

Killing everyone in camp forlorn hope single handedly has to be one of the most satisfying moments in this game. Blowing up the monorail comes at a close second.

Another really great moment was at the end of no gods, no masters. The general of the NCR blows open the gate to the legion camp and talks about how much good I did for the NCR until my robot army comes in and slaughters them all.

Killing everyone in camp forlorn hope single handedly has to be one of the most satisfying moments in this game. Blowing up the monorail comes at a close second.

Another really great moment was at the end of no gods, no masters. The general of the NCR blows open the gate to the legion camp and talks about how much good I did for the NCR until my robot army comes in and slaughters them all.

You EVIL EVIL Person! Then again.... the NCR never did piss me off enough to incur my wrath ;)

My most satisfying moment was when I first arrived at Nipton on my first playthrough. After talking to Vulpes Inculta and telling him that what they did was unforgivable, he begins to casually leave the town with his men. I was so pissed because of what they had done and I didn't want them to get away with it. So I took out my strongest weapon, an Incinerator I had gotten from the Nightkin Jailor back at the REPCONN Rocket Factory, and took all of them on at once and barely survived. I felt like I had served justice and it was awesome.

Another one worth mentioning was when I got the Mark of Caesar and went to Fortification Hill in order to chase after Benny. I had Boone with me at the time and told him to wait outside Cottonwood Cove since he made it very clear he wasn't going to go in there peacefully. After making the decision to upgrade the Securitrons, and lying to Caesar that I actually destroyed what was in the bunker, I was faced with the decision of what to do with Benny. Even though he is a spineless sleaze that tried to get me killed TWICE, I didn't have the heart to kill him. So I gave him a Stealth Boy and Bobby Pin for him to escape. Little did I know that doing that makes everyone in the entire camp turn on you. So I had to make an impromptu escape from a place I didn't know the way out of. I had to use all my Med-X, Stimpacks, almost all my water for healing after the Stims ran out, and even then all my body parts got crippled. After the boat ride out of the camp, I had around five Legion guys on my tail before I finally managed to limp my way to Boone, who managed to take care of them. I sure hope Benny got out alive after all that.

my most satisfying moment was using my varmint rifle, with my high sneak, sitting in the back corner of the mojave outpost, just picking off NCR guys with sneak attack criticals and watching the killcam, as I get NO karma or faction loss. lol.

was pretty amusing.. also using the anti material rifle on ANYTHING. also 1 hit sneak attack critical on the Legate to end the game was pretty epic too.

best moment in the whole game, the sound of the bombs fallin on Hoover dam during the final battle

also when i killed everyone in the mojave outpost, hoover dam, camp golf, andcamp mccarran with my favorite weapon, knock knock btw i never broke stealth Edited by mdingman

The best part was seeing all of the work I'd done over the course of the game come together during the Dam battle- with the Khans, and the Enclave, and the Boomers all kicking Legion ass. I almost got killed while I was staring at the B-29 flying overhead, because when I did that sidequest I had no expectation of ever seeing the thing get airborne. It was immensely satisfying- none of the optional quests in Fallout 3 had any effect whatsoever on the endgame; even though the battle itself was smaller than I had hoped it would be, I felt that I had accomplished something great.

The worst part immediately followed the best part as my weak-END sniper character was plot-railroaded into melee combat against Lanius and ultimately won only because of a huge stockpile of stimpaks. In a game which up until then had allowed a fair amount of freedom in how to deal with plot encounters (i.e. allowing stealthy or diplomatic solutions rather than always forcing face-to-face combat), that fight was a huge kick in the immersion and just sorta deflated the ending.

The worst part immediately followed the best part as my weak-END sniper character was plot-railroaded into melee combat against Lanius and ultimately won only because of a huge stockpile of stimpaks. In a game which up until then had allowed a fair amount of freedom in how to deal with plot encounters (i.e. allowing stealthy or diplomatic solutions rather than always forcing face-to-face combat), that fight was a huge kick in the immersion and just sorta deflated the ending.

You can talk him down, talk him into 1 on 1 combat or just run away and let your allies distract/weaken him whilst you find a hidden position.