Odd Battle Stutter

mcjoh

I recently downloaded Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition on Steam. I have the game running smoothly on Very High Settings, but I cant seem to get rid of this wierd processing glitch that occurs whenever an enemy recognizes my character. Initially, the game will be running smoothly, and then, at the instant before the battle music starts playing and the enemy recognizes me, there is about a 1 second stutter (almost like the game freezes for 1 entire second). This stutter occurs before every battle. It does not occur in any other scenario. After this stutter, the battle runs lag free and stutter free.

I tried removing my mods off the Oblivion launcher data files, but nothing changed.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? What could be causing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a list of my mods currently in my Data Files Folder:

Darnified UI

Natural Enviroments

BOSS

Landscape LOD Replacements

Shivering Isles Patch

Oblivion Unofficial Patch

could be a sound issue

does it go away if you turn off music

I just tried that but it still stutters. I actually noticed it does this after an enemy recognizes me AND after an enemy is killed. So basically, it stutters when the battle starts and begins.

What Fonger meant was to try turning off audio in the .ini file, not with the in-game control.

Experimentally, try turning off the audio

To test, in the ...\Documents\mygames\oblivion\Oblivion.ini file locate:

bMusicEnabled=1

bSoundEnabled=1

And change both 1's to 0