Collision Problems with Abot's Silt Strider Mod

Helldamnguy

This has been one of my favorite mods, and until recently, it has performed flawlessly. All of a sudden however, whenever I take the scenic option, the camera shakes violently the entire trip (similiar to when it gets stuck in the trees on the Gnisis route). Abot's Boats and Gondoliers still work as they always have. I've tried really old saves (back when I know it was working correctly) and the silt strider now stutters on those as well. I've also tried removing other mods, even though it's been working fine with all the mods I have to date, and still it shakes.

Anyways, does anyone know how to resolve this? It's such an awesome mod. I'd really hate to lose it.

You could try a clean save.

Move your character into an interior cell unaffected by abot's mod. Save the game and exit Morrowind.

Disable abot's Siltstrider mod.

Start Morrowind and load the interior cell save. Click through errors.

Save the game again and exit Morrowind.

Re-enable abot's Siltstrider mod.

Load up most recent interior save game.

You'll lose any state data saved in your save game (not sure what that would be in this case) by the mod.

This is how we had to do things before Wrye came along with Wrye Mash.

Okay, I've just now tried this, and it still shakes. It's weird. I was watching one of the ambient silt striders taking its route (vivec to suran) and it was suffering the same problem. Like all of a sudden theyre colliding with the ground when they weren't before.

EDIT

SOLVED

I had recently put my ai draw distance at 0 (because I loaded my game full of mods and now only get 25 fps max in cities)and when I increased it, the stutter went away. I only stumbled upon this when I went to redownload the mod and saw an old thread in the google search results. Thanks for the help regardless, Dragon

Edited by Helldamnguy